Thursday, June 18, 2009

What's on my mind.

Right now I'm up earlier than I want to be. This summer sun is killing my desire to sleep in. The kids are all still asleep, which is wonderful. Georgie escaped to "teaton and bobie's room" to sleep sometime during the night. She prefers to sleep in the boys' room, for some reason.
I'm tired of eating scrambled eggs for breakfast. I really don't like eggs a great amount, so I'm anxious to have something else, but since I don't eat cereal, my options are limited. Sometimes I get smart at the store, and buy some granola and yogurt, which I eat together, but I guess I've been lacking in brain cells lately, as I was at the store last night and walked right past the yogurt, looking at the different flavors, and didn't even buy any. I'm going to go eat leftover pizza for breakfast.

The kids like to have "porridge" for breakfast rather than cereal.

Heath just expressed an interest in eating cracked wheat for breakfast, saying he absolutely loves it. In all the years we've been together, I've never once heard that before. Guess we learn new things about each other everyday....

...like the fact that he prefers to use my styling products on his hair, instead of all the "manly" products he buys, then regrets. Or that he doesn't buy man razors anymore, and is super content to use my purple and pink razors. However, since I am wearing his jammies this morning, I guess it's ok that we share things.

I have a lot of things to do before our family reunion. Games to plan, presents to make, (we always have a white elephant exchange, which is hilarious) freezer meals to make, and craft projects to finish. Speaking of crafty things, I'm not the only one in my family who is crafty. There are actually quite a few of us, but my sister Sharon, in particular, is having a cute giveaway on her blog in honor of her 200th post. This is one of the four prizes you could win. Scratch that. I'm going to win this prize. The other three are up for grabs. So go over to her BLOG and give her some love...but don't you dare win this prize. It's mine.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is so cute. I want to win that one :) My husband many years into our marriage said he like cracked wheat better than oatmeal so I bought some but I think he realized that he doesn't because I don't think he ever finished the box!

Erica Hettwer said...

Hee! Andrew and I share hair products and we use the same brand of razor. We each have our own handle but I only have to buy one kind of blade refill. It's much easier!

Stacey said...

I tried commenting yesterday but my internet kept pooping out. Anyhow, I read your blog as much as I can and I love it!

Too funny about all the little things in your life going on. That prize looks yummy, too!!!