Monday, July 27, 2009

Looking to Buy

We will be buying a house in the next few months...hopefully. It's a scary and exciting time. It will be our first house. We've played the renters game long enough. We are ready to settle down.

Our first priority was finding a house in the local area that we are in now. We like it. We love our ward. We love the school district. However...upon figuring out monthly payments, property taxes, insurance costs...it is pretty clear that we won't be able to afford living in this area. We will have to move a little more south and a little more east so we can get more bang for our buck.

It will be a hard time to move. I'll be having a baby in November. We want to be moved in October. There may not be enough time to find a house, get it financed and appraised and the papers signed by then, but we are going to try. It will be hard to move into a ward a week or two before the baby comes. It will be terrible to leave my network of friends, especially when I will need them the most.

I am hoping everything will go amazingly well. But I am scared.

12 comments:

Megan said...

That's exactly what we did before I had Chelsea. We moved 11 days before she was born! And amazingly everything was great. People from the old ward still gave gifts and visited. People from the new ward helped out also. It will all work out just fine. Good luck with the house hunt!

ModernMom said...

Moving is so stressful! Good luck in the hunt and take care of you!

runningfan said...

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

But I will be happy to help as much as I can, both before and after the move!

You won't lose your network...you'll just have to drive a little farther to access it. Hooray for electronic communication!

Ande said...

I hope that all goes smoothly. It is scary, but exciting. Hopefully you won't have to move again for years!!! :)

Shavonne said...

I bet its scary and exciting to be buying a house. I'm excited that you guys are finally settled in one area to do it! Hopefully it goes very quickly and smoothly!

Maynards said...

cry, cry, sniff, sniff.
You will never lose your friends, no worries there.

Rebecca said...

Owning a home is great...and stressful when trying to pick the best one for your family. Good luck finding one that isn't too far from all your friends. We moved into our home in October 2007, just a few weeks before Taylor was born. It was seriously one of the worst weeks of my life. I felt overwehlmed because of everything I wanted to do. But being prego I couldn't carry things up & down the stairs, etc... Hopefully you can get settled before your baby makes an appearance.

Burns Family said...

Buying your first house is so exciting, especially if you can get pretty much what you are looking for. Enjoy the hunt...look for efficient use of space...the only thing I don't like about ours. The Shaina I know can do anything!!!!

Dan and Katie said...

I second Heidi, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm Always Rite said...

You are in my prayers. Don't rush into anything. Pray about it. Heed the advice of financially wise people. And if it gets to be too much... just wait. :] Renting isn't the worst thing in the world. You can't take it with you, you know. ;) Anyway, you have my prayers and wishes for the best! :)

DougandSheilah said...

Good luck! We bought our house and moved in just after I found out I was pregnant with Evan. Luckily I wasn't too far along and was able to move us mostly by myself cause Doug was in New Zealand for work.

dippyrooroo said...

Wow! I hope all goes well for you! We had to call off our house hunt because the market for first time home buyers is so competitive here! We decdided, like one of your friends said, that renting isn't the worst thing in the world. It was a dissapointing situation though. I hope its a more productive experience for you, and you can find the perfect fit!