Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Newest Member of the Club

Before we left on vacation last month, I took Kamy to the eye doctor so she could get some glasses, which were a long time overdue. Sometimes I am a terrible mother. She should have had an exam last year. Anyway...we hoped they would come in before we left on our vacation, but that didn't happen.
So we went and picked them up when we got back. Kamy loves being able to see. She kept exclaiming over the signs on the road, the flowers in the ditches, and the leaves on the trees.

I got my first pair of glasses when I was 11 years old. I don't know how old Heath was, but I think it was in his early teen years that he started wearing glasses. I come from a family that boasts terrible eyesight. Almost everyone wears glasses in my family. I told Kamy (and Keaton, who has been wearing glasses since he was 3 or 4) that they are now a lifetime member of the poor eyesight club. Welcome.

4 comments:

Trinette McCrary said...

She looks so sweet in glasses. I remember when Olivia got glasses I just cried. I thought kids at school were going to call her four eyes-didn't happen, sheewww!

Heath said...

You are so sweet my little girl. And you look great in your new High School Musical glasses.

Maynards said...

She looks so cute! I love the glasses.

The Crockett's said...

So cute! My family is the same way. When we took our oldest to get his first pair of glasses last year, he was "SO excited to be part of the club!" Apparently they don't make fun of kids with glasses at his school, the cool kids wear glasses. He told me "It's cool to see better, Mom!" I should have known! Welcome to the club Kamyren!