Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Truth Be Known

Kamy lost another tooth a few nights ago. When I went in her room to put two dollars under her pillow, I found this note.


It reminded me of the next note, written last year, to the tooth fairy. It seems Kamy likes to leave notes so the tooth fairy knows what's going on.


(on the back she drew picture of herself, handing a tooth to a beautiful flying tooth fairy.)

I made the exchange yesterday morning, after she woke up (she's an early bird). I asked her if the tooth fairy had come, and she said "No". I told her I thought I heard the tooth fairy this morning, and she should go check.

When she came back downstairs, she said "Mom...are you the tooth fairy? Because tooth fairies are so quiet. Nobody can hear them. You said you heard the tooth fairy. That can't be true. So are you?"

I told her that she was right, but it was important to play along for the little kids. She nodded her head and left to go play. I wonder how long it will be before she asks about Santa Claus. In any case, I hope this isn't the last note to the tooth fairy. I quite like them.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I did the same thing- put the money under after they woke up. But luckily my little girl hasn't figure it out yet.

I'm Always Rite said...

My Girl figured it out a few years ago when we were still in CA. She made me fess up about Santa that same day. :\ I also made her promise to keep it from Little Man for as long as he believed and not to tell her friends either... just in case. She's pretty good at keeping it... so far. :)

PS She still expects tooth fairy money for every tooth and she plays along so well. :)