Monday, August 17, 2009

It's 8am and the kids are gone!

It's Back to School time!! Usually it seems that this day can't come soon enough, but our summer seemed to go by very quickly this year. Perhaps it was because of the 3+weeks that we were visiting family, but whatever the reason, it kind of snuck up on us. Nevertheless, we had everything ready. The kids met their teachers last Friday. Kamy is in 4th grade. Keaton is in 2nd grade, and Kolby is in 1st grade. Do you know what this means? It means that Georgie and I have the whole day to ourselves.

We prepared for school last night by setting out their backpacks and making their school lunches (turkey sandwich, granola bar, goldfish crackers, 2 oreo cookies, and some lemonade). We even made one for Georgie, because she kept saying "but where is MY lunch?" Her's is in the fridge. The kids also laid out their clothes, cleaned their rooms and did their chores so that we would have a nice calm morning.

Before I went to bed, I checked on the kiddos to make sure everything was alright. I found Kamy, the princess, sleeping peacefully.

Breakfast was waffles, sausage, raspberry muffins, and orange juice.

Then, after brushing teeth and washing hands, it was picture time!


The kids walk to school. It's about 1/2 a mile away. They enjoy the walk, and I enjoy not having to drive them.
They look so big in this next picture! I hope they have a fantastic school year. However, I'll settle for a fantastic 1st day of school.
Meanwhile, this little sleeping angel still hasn't woken up. I think I just might crawl back into bed myself.


Don't forget to come back tomorrow! It's my 2 year blogiversary and I've got some fun things to giveaway.

8 comments:

runningfan said...

Very fun pictures! Hope you enjoy your day of peace and quiet...and hope you went back to bed...because you CAN!

Dan and Katie said...

Does Kamy really sleep like that!?! I love her eye mask...very diva :)

Colleen said...

Happy day! The kids look so snazzy. I hope you and Georgie are having a great, relaxing, quiet kind of day.

Megan said...

oh What a good day for you. I hope you went back to bed. I'm looking forward to your 2 year blogoversary. Mine is coming up at the end of the month.

Maynards said...

That picture of Kamy sleeping with the eye mask cracked me up. I hope you had a great, low-stress, take- it-easy kind of day. You deserve it.

BrittanyLane said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute. It's so nice to have the school year start!

courtney said...

I am scared for Mackenzie who starts her first day on Thursday. She will ride the bus and everything and I am afraid of big high schoolers bothering her. However, Jared assures me that she will be fine so I must content myself with the fact that home life will be a little bit easier.

Melvin said...

Pictures are beautiful...
Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Apply now Nation wide cash