Saturday, August 1, 2009

Soft Basket


I saw this Soft Basket Pattern as I was browsing a new bloggie acquaintance, Heidi. She makes some fabulous purses, by the way. I'm totally drooling over the diaper bag she made. Anyway, I saw this link to the basket pattern and I couldn't wait to make it. I decided to use some of the fabric I had leftover after making baby blankets and bibs, so when it came down to cutting out all the pieces, I found that I didn't have enough. So I had to piece it together in a kind of patchwork style, but it still turned out cute. I also made it bigger than the original pattern, because I genuinely have a hard time following any kind of instructions. I then rolled up the baby blankets that I have made, and included a few that I had made for Kolby and Keaton, and I love how it turned out. I think I'll make a few more. Here is a view of the empty basket.

Now I think I'll make another one, but make sure that I have enough fabric before I start. I think I'll like it better if it doesn't look so pieced together. (Edited to add: I made two more!)

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Cute basket! Very versatile for all kinds of baby stuff. I like how you used the giraffe animal skin print with the little giraffes print. Funny!

Megan said...

I love your pieced basket better than the original!! You're so crafty! I wish I wasn't so lazy and would craft more. One of these days I'll get out of my rut and start making something besides blog posts.

Stacey said...

I never would have known you didn't intend to piece it together to begin with!!! It's adorable!!! Looks difficult though! I am not good with patterns or anythign too complicated. I never did get to make that purse you posted pattern link for! LOL

Dan and Katie said...

So cute!!! I am blog stalking all my blogging friends to find cool crafty type blogs to inspire me :) I feel inspired!!

Jena said...

I love it! I think it looks neat pieced together. If you hadn't told it, I would have thought that it was supposed to be that way.

window into our life of love, joy, and adventures! said...

Those baskets are absolutely adorable! I am expecting my very first grandchild and this is perfect!! Think I will whip up a few of em : )
Also wanted to say I love your sense of humor! You are a doll!

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Shaina, I TOTALLY love the soft basket! I want one! Would you make me one and I can send you some money?? My sewing machine is totally revolting on me and I cant do anything with it!