Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dang Quesa-DILLA!

"Well, what's there to eat?"
"Get off, Napolean. Make yourself a Dang Quesa-dilla!"
"Fine!"
...
Those are a few of the lines from one of my most favorite movies. Napolean Dynamite. It makes me laugh and laugh. We quote that movie frequently. We have embraced their lifestyle..."always and forever". I even made a pretty sweet montage of that movie as the ring tone whenever The Husband calls. My computer is named LaFonda, Kamy wants to wear her hair in a side ponytail, just like Deb, my lips "hurt real bad" if I don't have my chapstick, and well....you get the idea.
...
Some nights, I just don't know what to make for dinner. I know. Shocking, isn't it? There are plenty of nights when I have meals planned, but just don't feel like making them, or eating them. Last night was a night like that. So I turned to the guidance and wisdom of Napoleon, his dysfunctional brother Kip, and their strangely active Grandmother. I made some dang quesa-dillas.

I buttered one side of the flour tortilla, placed the buttered side down on the frying pan, sprinkled some cheese and chopped chicken on it. Sprinkled it with cumin, chili powder, and garlic, then topped it with another buttered flour tortilla. On the top buttered side, I sprinkled some garlic salt. Brown both sides, cut into wedges, and serve it with SALSA! If I had any red bell pepper, I would have chopped some up and mixed it with the chicken and cheese. That would have been good.

To go along with this meal, I made some mac and cheese, and served some cantaloupe alongside it. Nothing like a completely yellow meal to make you feel happy on a Tuesday night.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Quesa-dillas are our go-to also, and it seems like recently we've been going-to more often. I love a meal that's prepped and cooked in 15 minutes!

rad6 said...

That is so my kind of meal! Yum... mine only have cheese though. I need to get more creative.

Trinette McCrary said...

One of my favorite meals. Yum-O! Did you get my salsa I dropped off at your house? I left with the food processor-which is so handy. Hmmm my birthday is coming up I just might have to ask for one.

Dan and Katie said...

My quesadillas are way less fancy! Lets go to Amanda's Fonda!

Stacey said...

your quesadilla sounds good!!! I never thought about buttering the tortilla...i just throw it on the skillet as is. Will have to try adding seasonings, too. :)

purejoy said...

napoleon and quesa-dillas equal heaven on earth. made me laugh out loud.
now don't get jealous, but i have me a dang quesa-dilla maker!!
and it gets a regular workout.
i keep a shaker of taco seasoning on hand for just such an occasion. it' rocks the house so much that my daughter asked for one to take to college.

we love us some dang-quesadillas!!

Sara said...

LOL--Loved this post! :) Quesadillas are my favorite. When I'm feeling fancy, I add a little cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream and avocado, and they are practically divine! As good as any restaurant's! It's hard to go wrong with a warm, butter-cooked quesadilla. Wish I had one right now . . .