Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Goodbye Summer?

It seems we skipped Fall, and went right from Summer to Winter this week. Sunday was a beautiful day in the high 70s. Monday morning we woke up to snow and cold blowing wind. For the first time since June, I turned off the little fan in my room, closed the window at night, and wrapped my normally hot pregnant self under the covers. By the way, the adjective "hot" describes my temperature, not my degree of sexiness. I even had to resort to turning on the heat this week. I tried to hold out, but when the temperature outside is in the 30's, turning on the heater makes sense. So does a cup of hot chocolate!
Luckily, the snow hasn't stuck. It's up in the mountains, but down here, it was all just show. By the weekend, it's supposed to be back up in the 70's. I hope the 60's and 70's last a bit longer. I really want to enjoy some Fall weather.

6 comments:

traci said...

i'm soooo glad i live in sc.. we still have summer here... the first day of fall and it was about 87....

Trinette McCrary said...

Crazy......

Ande said...

Snow already!! Wow!! :) THe jeans look great. I love it when that happens, clothes fitting that is. :)

courtney said...

I'm so glad it isn't snowing yet here! It is suppose to be in the 80's for the next week and then maybe cool down,which I hope is not a really cooling down!

Didn't the regular pants dig into your tummy?I feel like I can't breath with or without pants on!

Maynards said...

Welcome Fall!!!!

Pam said...

Wow I can't even imagine it. Glad I am in the south.