Sunday, September 27, 2009

Keaton's Day

Keaton celebrated 8 years today! He has been looking forward to this birthday for a year and a half, when Kamy turned 8. We started a month early, by giving him a bike for his birthday and Kolby's birthday. He has been enjoying riding his bike these past few weeks very much.


For his birthday food, he requested waffles, sausage, and chocolate milk for breakfast. For lunch, he wanted mac & cheese and chicken nuggets. For dinner, he chose spaghetti and meatballs. Instead of cake, which nobody in our family really eats, he got cherry dessert squares and vanilla ice cream.

Keaton was sent on a scavenger hunt throughout the house to find his remaining two presents. He got a set of scriptures, with his name on them, a carrying case with a strap, as well as a new scout shirt and Wolf handbook for Cub Scouts. Tuesday will be his first day joining the pack, and he cannot wait! He wanted to wear his new scout shirt all day today. We let him wear it for a few hours, and I took some pictures for you.




Keaton is a very bright boy who is very articulate. He has a very deep thought process. He is our most emotional and sensitive child. He takes things very personally, and demonstrates a very soft side when it comes to his brothers and sisters. He calls himself "An Expert Mathematician" and enjoys school very much. Keaton is very perceptive, and is always the first to notice if I have gotten a haircut or am wearing a new shirt. He always compliments me on how I look.

Keaton will be getting baptized a member of our church at the end of October. We are very excited for him, and Keaton is looking forward to it very much. Happy Birthday Keaton!

14 comments:

Colleen said...

What a special day! The Wolf Scouts are excited to have him too!

Sharon said...

happy birthday keaton, i loved it when you called me sheeshaw, and when you were obsessed with buzz lightyear!

runningfan said...

Happy Birthday to Keaton! We're excited that he and Zach will share a baptism day.

Dan and Katie said...

I am going to have to be careful not to mess scouts up this week :) Thats a lot of pressure, since Colleen isn't going to be there!!!

Maynards said...

Wow, what a big Birthday. Baptism and scouts. So much fun!

Shavonne said...

Happy Birthday to Keaton!! He looks so handsome in his cubscout uniform! Sad we can't be there for his baptism

Me and My Girls said...

Happy birthday Keaton. I remember when you were first born, I would come over and hild you for hours. I am excited for you to get baptised! You are such a sweet boy and a great example to everyone. Love you.

Ande said...

Happy birthday Keaton!!!!

purejoy said...

happy birthday to you both (remember you did all the work!).
your post brought tears to my eyes as you described my son, almost to a T. he is now 19 and the joy of my heart. i know you will treasure every year you get to have keaton living in your home, and will discover as i have, that sons are absolutely a treasure from heaven!
such a cool thing to be baptized as a young'un. something he'll always remember.
love the waffle "cake" and the scouting pictures. what a sweet celebration!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday, Keaton!!! Such a sweet little tribute to him on his special day. :)

kdaygirl said...

He sure does look sharp! Happy bday Keaton!

dippyrooroo said...

I've been thinking about Keaton every time I burp my baby boy! When we came to visit you in the hospital after you had him, you gave him to me to burp, and I wanted to be sure I did a really god job of it, to show what good mothering skills I had even though my own baby hadn't been born yet. Looking back on it, heck even at the time, I think my burping may have been a little over enthusiastic! Oh, what you must have thought of me!
And now look at that boy of yours! He's got to be the cutest cub scout ever!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Your boys remind me so much of my boys... appy birthday Keaton!!

LollyChops said...

I love the birthday food stack! How perfect! Happy Birthday big guy!