Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sweeter Than Cream


This little girl is overflowing with sugar most of the time. She sure has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. She is always asking "Where is Daddy?" and saying "I miss my Daddy!". When Heath gets home from work, she will run up to his car and climb on his lap before he is even out. If he makes it into the house before she sees him, she crawls up next to him on the couch and they just lie there, holding each other. The definitely have something special.
She uses that to her advantage. Every night after she gets put to bed, she sneaks downstairs to sit with Heath in front of the tv. He usually has some sort of snack, and she expects that. She looks up at him and says "I'm so hung-ary!" and Heath gives her some of whatever he's eating. She snuggles up next to him and expects to stay for a while. If I catch her, she gets in trouble, but Heath doesn't seem to mind them sharing a "nightcap" together. He loves his little girl.
She and I have good times during the day as well. Every morning, she will ask me if we are going to the store, or library, or to the park, or to a friend's house. If we are just staying home, she likes to watch Dora and Diego, and she likes to play Disney and Noggin games on the computer. She will say "Can I play on the Pa-duter...pweese?" She also likes to paint, play with her babies, and look at books. She has started finding words, and asks "What does this word say, momma?" I will tell her, then she repeats it thoughtfully, like she's trying to memorize it.
I know many of you don't know the history of why we call her Georgie. It may come as a shock, but that is not her real name. Her real name is Kennedy. All the kid's names start with a K, as will this next little baby. I loved the name Kennedy, and figured we'd call her Kenni for short. When she was about six weeks old, she was so dang curious about the world around her. She never stopped looking around. One time, she was up against Heath's shoulder, and she was peeking around, holding her head up, and watching everything. She not only was curious, but she also kinda looked like a monkey, with no hair, and ears that stuck out. I mentioned that she looked like Curious George, and after that, we started calling her George. The name stuck, and it soon became the only thing we called her. Then, friends started calling her that as well, and before we knew it, she was utterly and completely "George". So that is how her name came to be. She has finally accepted the fact that she has another name. She says it like "Den-deddy" but when we ask her what she wants to be called, she always says "I am Georgie!" There ya go.
We love our little Georgie. She brings such sweetness to our life.

8 comments:

Heath said...

She is such a sweet little spirit. She makes me feel so happy and loved. And I just want to hold on to her and love and protect her as long as she will let me. I feel that way with all of the kids. But Georgie just happens to be the smallest and the cutest right now.

Holmes Home said...

I remember the day she was born - maybe it's because I had some other adorable Nunnelly kids in my house while you were bringing that georgeous George into the world! We miss you all!

purejoy said...

she is ridiculously cute. and i adore the name kennedy. (but georgie is just so cute, you gotta love it!!) i think nicknames are precious. and the comment from daddy?? priceless.

Dan and Katie said...

She is a sweet little girl!!!

Colleen said...

Georgie is such a sweet little girl. Her gentle and quiet nature are just so darling! I can imagine that she is a COMPLETE daddy's girl!

kdaygirl said...

She is always even now staring at you with a mischeivious little smile. She doesnt say much but her smile says it all!

Ande said...

She is sweet and always has been. :) I hope to get somethings together to send to help out. Trying to do it before utter chaos insues around here with movers. Love you tons and think of you often!!!

Megan said...

I was wondering about the name! I have a friend (whose an adult) who still goes by her nick name George and even had her name legally changed to that. That's so funny that Heath lets her sneak down and hang out with him! It is hard to saw no to those cute young ones.