Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why Clean Your Bedroom When You Can Make A Purse!

I've had a desire to make this purse by Amy Butler, called the Birdie Sling. My sister-in-law Melissa made one for me for Christmas. It is the only purse I use now. At first, I thought it was HUGE, but the more I used it, the more I absolutely loved it. It will carry everything, but at the same time, it doesn't look like you are carrying everything. It stays nicely up on your shoulder, and doesn't slip off. It's got great pockets on the inside. I adore it.

So a few months ago, I finally bought the pattern so I can make a purse to join the one Melissa made for me. If one is good, two had to be better, right? Anyway, I had the pattern and the material just sitting around, waiting for the day when I felt like making it. Yesterday, when faced with the need to clean my bedroom, but seeking any excuse why NOT to clean it, I decided that it was time to break out the pattern and make a purse!


Here is the purse I made! I am quite pleased at the job I did. I even decided to model it for you, although if you look at Amy Butler's website for this purse, her models do a much better job showing off the beautiful purse. Of course, they aren't almost 8 months pregnant and having a "pajama" day.
I thought I'd show you the purse Melissa made me as well. Now I have two!! I'm a lucky girl.

9 comments:

Ande said...

Ohhhh.... I love it. I love Amy Butler too!!!!!! You make sure a cute prego lady. You look great!!!

purejoy said...

ohhh so cute. i love both of them. and you, my dear, are gestating beautifully!! now if only i could have an excuse for a pajama day!

Shavonne said...

Ooh, I love the color combo's in this purse, good job! You can clean your purse anyday, or have Heathie do it!

Jeff and Lori said...

Ooooh fun! I love this purse. And sewing projects that are done in a day. Good work!

Me and My Girls said...

I LOVE (sing that because I did) this purse!!! the colors are so perfect for eachother, love it, love it. hey I would have made the purse over cleaning anyday. And no worries I stay in my PJ's more often then not, so hey whatever makes you feel good right.

Ryan said...

You are so clever! I don't know where you get all your energy--I swear I'm a lazy bum. I especially love the last picture where it looks like you are trying to get your face in the picture too. Your so cute! This is Nicki

Julee said...

You look absolutely beautiful!

Chloe said...

I love that print on the bag that you made :)

Rebecca said...

You are just way too crafty! Super cute as usual.