Sunday, September 6, 2009

Why Hello There!

I took The Husband to Costco with me yesterday. Poor thing. He never gets to go. He enjoyed walking around the store, pointing out the neat items on display, pushing the basket up and down the aisles, looking at all the yummy food stacked up on the shelves, and of course, eating all the lovely samples they have there.
...
While he was doing that, I concentrated on filling the cart full of things we like to buy at Costco, including milk, bread, eggs, sour cream, chicken (both frozen and rotisserie) and items for the kid's lunches. We were just about done, and ended up walking down an aisle I usually bypass. It was the candy aisle. Bulk candy. Why tempt fate?
...
Anyway, we were walking down the candy aisle when something caught my eye. I stopped. I looked. I did not start walking again. I was mesmorized.
...
The husband came over to see what had grabbed my attention. After all, it's not often that I am the the one who is swayed by chocolate. It was a package of chocolate and pomegranate goodness. Not two flavors I had ever considered to be happily joined, but the idea intrigued me.

The Husband did what I could not bring myself to do. He grabbed a bag and tossed it in the cart. I'm thankful he did. They are just lovely to eat. Next time you are at Costco, take a detour to the candy aisle and get a bag of these. You will be glad you did.

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Adam is sitting here drooling over that Costco post. Maybe I will have to grab those for his hollow leg next time I'm there! And he was also impressed with Heath's gash...nice one. LOVE the tag monster, is there anything you CAN'T do?!!

runningfan said...

I loved how you described Heath at the store...he never "gets" to go??? You ought to put him to work sometime! Apparently he thinks that place is fun! Plus, he might come home with some new treasures.

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

I'm headed there tomorrow!! Those look divine!

Maynards said...

hhmmm, that looks pretty good! Maybe I will come over and try one before I buy a bag. ;)

kendra said...

Those look GOO-OOD.

Cameron was pretty bummed he couldn't be with Heath on the mountain that day.

I love all your sewing projects. Adri gave me the same instructions for the car seat cover. I don't think I will even attempt it. You did a great job! And I love the tag monster.

purejoy said...

tag monster is so cute!! how did your glucose test go??

kdaygirl said...

Gross... I like the dark chocolate just not whats inside.. Remember eating all those pomagranites on the ranch? We must have eaten one everyday for a whole summer.. Cant stand them now!

Sara said...

Hey Shaina! We adore Costco. I'm about ready to ban Cameron from going. it's the only place where he has no self control. Change of Topic: I'm putting together a family recipe blog for my sisters and I to share. I've been trying to figure out how you are listing your recipes on the side of your blog with the links. Can you tell me which layout feature you're using? Thanks so much! (You can just leave a note on my regular blog when you get a chance.)

Sara said...

Shaina, I've got that family/friend recipe blog up and running. Would you mind if I post a recipe or two of yours on there? Linking to your blog and giving you the credit, of course! You're invited to join, though I know you're busy writing recipes for your own blog, so I don't expect you to take me up on it. I'm content just to share some of yours as I make them for my family! What do you think? Thanks Shaina!

Adri said...

I am tempted by these EVERY time I go to Costco. You might have just pushed me over the edge, my friend!

The Brewers said...

That's one of my favorite treats!! :0)

~Amy~ said...

OMgoodness.... we bought some a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Delish..... they are my new favorite.