Wednesday, October 14, 2009

3 Weeks From Today


I just got a call from the hospital in Denver, and they scheduled the day to do the amnio, and to induce me by breaking my water. November 4th. That is the day I will have my baby. That is the day our world officially changes. That day is just three weeks away from today.
One one hand, it feels really good to have a day. For those who don't know, I have stupidly fast labors, and there was a big concern over getting me to the Denver hospital on time, if I went into labor on my own. So it's wonderful to not have that concern.
On the other hand, it is just three weeks away. Remember that post about stopping time?? Three weeks suddenly seems too close.

7 comments:

runningfan said...

I'm glad for you to have a plan. And sad for you that the plan includes very hard things! The good thing about a planned day is that everyone can fast and pray especially hard, knowing you'll need a boost.

my4suns2 said...

Hang in there! You are doing well and it's okay to have a bad day once in a while. A good cry never hurt either...We are keeping you and your sweet little guy in our prayers.

LollyChops said...

3 weeks is close (but exciting too...cause now you at least have a firm date)! Just think... the world wide shortage on sonic ice will soon be over. Whew. Sweet HUGS Shaina.

Colleen said...

How hard to feel so torn. I am glad though, that he will safely arrive. I am excited to come up to Denver and visit with you and baby, and I am so glad he will be delivered safely to the doctors who know just what he needs.

Maynards said...

We will be thinking about you ALL day that day. We drive up to Denver a lot, so we will come see you.

Carolann said...

Oh, Shaina. I'm happy for you that you have a day to expect your new baby. (I've been keeping up on your blog, but just haven't been making comments). I'm still heartbroken over your troubles. I want to call, but I would probably cry and I wouldn't know what to say. You are one STRONG woman. I'm keeping you in my prayers:).

kendra said...

We are praying for you and constantly thinking about you. I really wish there was something more I could do.