Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baptism


Yesterday was Keaton's baptism day! He became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Keaton has been waiting for this day for a long time. When he was 3 years old, he wished on a star. Afterward, he told me that he had wished he was 8 years old so he could be baptized. He is such a sweet boy. He really is our child with a big heart.
.
Keaton was baptized and confirmed by his dad. I'm so glad that I married such an honorable and worthy man, that he can baptize our children and bestow blessings upon us through the priesthood. Keaton and his dad also sang a song during the baptism. It's so sweet to hear your little child singing. Their young and innocent voice is so special.
.
Keaton's special day was shared with his friend, Zach, who was also baptized. It was a wonderful program. Afterward, we all went to Zach's family's house to have root beer floats! It's a tradition in my family to have that as a treat after baptisms.

Congratulations on your big day, Keaton!! We are so proud of you and this decision you made to be baptized. We love you so much!

4 comments:

Maynards said...

All of the pictures you posted are really good. Everyone looks so happy. I can tell that it was a special day. I wish I could have been there, sorry we missed it.

Jeff and Lori said...

Congratulations, Keaton!

Colleen said...

What a wonderful day! The kids all look so cute in their fancy duds! Congrats to you all.

Vix said...

Congratulations to Keaton. Can I ask what happens at a baptism. I am so curious, I love learning about other faith's traditions and rituals x