Sunday, October 25, 2009

Closing Up

Here I sit, on a Sunday afternoon when I should be at church. However, I am home, in my comfy black lounge pants, with a toothpaste stain on my shirt, lying on the couch and drinking a cup of hot honey/lemon tea to help my throat. It seems that I'm starting my yearly tradition of getting bronchitis and laryngitis. My throat is closing up. My cough is getting more pronounced, and I'm so annoyed by it!

It's not that I'm getting sick, it's the timing of the whole thing. If I even have the slightest cough, runny nose, sneeze, or hint of sickness after I have the baby, I won't be allowed into the NICU. Right now I have 10 days to get completely healed or I won't be allowed to see my baby. That tears me apart.

So I'm going to get a priesthood blessing tonight, and if I'm still out of sorts by my Tuesday OB appointment, I will plead for antibiotics to get this under control.

In the meantime, I sit. I cough. I feel my throat closing up rapidly. I know I'm in trouble.

10 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Looks like we are at home doing the same thing.
I have faith you will be 100% by the time baby K is born.

We both will be healed befor baby K is born I keep uping my vitamens and takeing airborn. I had Dale get me a ugly mask to wear on the plane so I wont get any sickness.
I tink I will bling it up first.. LOL

purejoy said...

awwww. i can't think of anything better for you than slowing down, drinking hot tea and praying.
i have been thinking of you as you wind up this time of gestating, and have felt you on my heart at numerous times. know that you are being covered in prayer, friend. let your time be unhurried, let your lungs and throat heal. and may you give birth to the most beautiful baby boy.
and Lord, if you don't mind, we'd love for his momma to be healthy. and for this baby to be strong and tenacious. if it's your will, Lord, we would rejoice from the rooftops for him to be healed. but if that is not to be, i ask for supernatural wisdom for the doctors. keep this family close to you, Lord. may you get the glory. amen.

runningfan said...

Prayers coming from my house! Sandy announced your situation in RS and plead for prayers on your behalf. You'll pull through -- I know it.

Maynards said...

Praying my guts out for you, my friend.

LollyChops said...

Oh no! You are not allowed to get sick little mama! I hope you feel better soon! Thinking of you always.

Megan said...

Not again! I hope you get better asap! And congrats to Keaton on his baptism!

annaka said...

oh no! i hope you get better girlie, you're not allowed to be sick:) Praying for you! xo

Colleen said...

Feel better quickly, take it easy, heal, heal, heal and feel the prayers on your behalf! I know you need to be with that baby as much as he needs to be with you!

kendra said...

just another thing to worry about, huh? Why???

Hang in there. We are praying and a day doesn't go by that I don't think about you and your baby. Get those antibiotics and rest...

Carol said...

Hope you are getting better instead of worse!!! I have been lurking but now I am an official follower. I am a scrapbookoholic so will be pouring over your pages on your slideshow when I have the time. Thanks for being so inspirational to me. Busy mom with lots of kids, one on the way who is very heavy on our hearts, and time to be cool and beautiful and creative. You rock!