Thursday, October 29, 2009

Incredibly Blessed

People have been asking me if Heath has enough time off to be with me at the hospital. Because he hasn't worked at his job for more than a few months, he only had 20 hours of leave accrued. So our plan was for him to be with me Wednesday, when I had the baby, then go back to work Thursday and Friday. Sometime the following week, when the baby was scheduled for surgery, he would take that day off as well, to be my support in the hospital. Besides that, he would be at work. With my mom coming to be with the kids for a few weeks, it was going to work out.

However, Heath's boss told him last week that they have some sort of "emergency" leave that they would give Heath. So he came home saying he had a week of leave, free and clear, that his work was giving him due to what our family was about to go through. Amazing how things work out!

Then a few days ago, something happened, and Heath was told that the emergency leave wasn't available anymore. So we were back to him having just the two days off.

That was until this morning. I just got a call from Heath saying that so many people from work have too many vacation days, and every paycheck, they just get written off, because they can't use how many they have. Instead of their vacation time going to waste, a group of people have donated their extra vacation time to Heath. With this change of events, Heath now has enough vacation hours put to his name, that he doesn't have to go to work all of November or December. Two months of paid leave. Can you imagine that? And he still has a job to go back to in January. He even had to tell people he didn't need anymore hours of leave donated to him.

So even though my husband isn't much of a homebody, and sitting at home everyday isn't as pleasant a situation as it is for me, he will be able to be with me at the hospital as much as possible. He will also be home when the baby and I are home, in December, and since the baby's immune system will be so fragile, Heath will be able to run errands and do all those things that I was worried about getting done.

I cannot express to you how many ways the Lord has blessed us during this time. This is just one more example of that. With such a fragile time in the economy, and a fragile time for our little family, Heavenly Father has made it possible for us to be together, to lean on each other's strength, and to not have any financial worries during this time. What a huge blessing for us.

29 comments:

runningfan said...

Incredible! What a huge blessing for your family! I'm in tears.

Jana said...

That is WONDERFUL!!!! I am also in tears as I was reading your post. This is also an example of Heavenly Father taking care of his special little son and also taking care of your family. I wish you the best these next few months. I have put your name in the Arizona Temple. Take Care.

Ali said...

I was in tears at the kindness of your husbands fellow employees and the company for allowing it to happen. Amazing! I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you well. . .

Shavonne said...

That is so wonderful! This is such a good example to me that even though the Lord gives us trials, he also blesses us through them. I am soooo glad for Heath's great co-workers!

Erica Hettwer said...

Oh, I'm crying happy tears for you! Your husbands co-workers are such wonderful people! :D

The Frosts said...

I'm totally crying too. What a wonderful blessing. Our prayers are continually with your family and your precious baby!

Maynards said...

And who can say miracles have ceased. I am so glad you family has been blessed by angels. I am truly and deeply happy for you guys. You deserve only the best.

Mags said...

Awesome co-workers and friends he has there.

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I think thats awesome that everyone pulled together for your family during this time. Awesome!

I am fortunate enough to work in a place that sounds similar where everyone helps each other like that. It's awesome!

Take care!!!

Crystal said...

This is truly a blessing from God! Your husband must work with some awesome people that they would do this for him and he's only been working there for a few months.

You, your baby & your family are in my prayers.

Jenni said...

wow--such a blessing indeed! Having Heath around will be priceless! He works with amazing people to do that!

Me and My Girls said...

Wow that is so great. I am so glad Heath works with such great people to do that for him. 2 months is a lot of time, but I know that you needed that time as did he and your kids. You have so much love and support coming your way Shaina, it is a blessing from Heavenly Father. You all are in my prayers.

Julee said...

I love to hear about the Lord's tender mercies, he truly does care about the things we care about.
You and your family will be in our prayers!

LollyChops said...

That just brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful those people are.

Stacey said...

That is so wonderful!!! Blessings to you all through this time.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wonderful news indeed. It always amazes me how kind people truly are. I am so glad that you are going to have this time together.

Chloe said...

That is unbelieveable. You guys are so blessed - thank goodness for kind loving people who love Heath and your family. The Lord is watching over you and your family :)

Sharon said...

wow! thats awesome! what a great job, and great people heath works with

Colleen said...

And now I am crying. Thanks a lot! :) I am so grateful for the many blessings you are receiving not just because I know how greatly they are needed by your family, but also, for the gift to me it is to hear of the kindness and goodness of people out there. It truly blesses us all. Got my cookbook in the mail today...yummers! I love it!

Burns Family said...

What a wonderful miracle. I love to hear of good people doing selfless things like this. What a blessing for your family.

Trinette McCrary said...

Amazing-you are truely blessed and loved. I love to hear how gracious people can be.

Adri said...

Simply amazing!

Dan and Katie said...

I'm speachless...You definitely know that you are being cared for from above. What a great blessing.

Pamba said...

Awesome! And ditto to what everybody else already said!

Elise said...

Awesome!!! It is truly blessing the amazing people Heath works with. Makes me so happy knowing that people can be so generous. So awesome that Heath will be with you as much as possible and help with errands so Baby K doesn't need to be around people and germs.

Leah Killian said...

That's beautiful. I love those people!!!!

Rayna said...

just got caught up, that is amazing! I'm so glad it all will work out!

Queen of Chaos said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you guys!

teensy_dc said...

So happy this has worked out out for you & your family!
Hugs, D.C.~