Monday, October 12, 2009

Just Hear Me Out!


I made another purse.

I know. I know. Shouldn't I be cleaning my house like crazy nesting 9 month pregnant lady?? Shouldn't I be doing all the laundry that never seems to be completely done? Shouldn't I be making freezer meals, in preparation for the time I will be away from my family? Shouldn't I be going to Sonic because once again, I am down to 1/2 a bag of crushed ice?? Shouldn't I be finishing the Christmas gifts I need to get done before I have the baby? Shouldn't I be playing with my 3 year old?
So I probably should be doing all those things, and more. Instead, I made another purse. In my defense, I was doing laundry at the same time. So there. Plus, it's got the most awesome corduroy fabric on the bottom, and my sewing job is amazing this time, if I do say so myself. I might just not be a beginner seamstress after all...but not quite intermediate. I still have a long way to go. However, I'm very proud of how I sewed this purse. You can check it out more closely, if you live by me. I'll accept your praise. I did good.
Laundry just beeped. See. I do other things besides make purses.

10 comments:

Vix said...

Paul is rolling his eyes as I eye up your latest gorgeous bag! I need to get this pattern (that is Need with a capital WANT!)

Maynards said...

um....ok, that purse is ADORABLE!

Colleen said...

How can you resist corduroy? I completely understand. So cute!

BrittanyLane said...

I'm totally there with you! I made my FOURTH blanket today. The house is a wreck. I really can't justify it, but I just can't help myself... Love the purse!

runningfan said...

I'm very impressed! My lowly apron is coming along...and I'm doing laundry, too.

I'm also doing Gavin, which deserves an award today.

kendra said...

I say you can do whatever you want to do! The laundry will get done sooner or later and that purse just might not get done for a while if you don't do it when you feel like it. Super cute!

By the way - if you are a "not quite intermediate" sewer what does that make me? Negative beginer?

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous gorgeous purse. I'm fully of envy for you people who sew so well ;)

annie said...

nice bag.

Dana said...

So CUTE! Is that an enlarged Buttercup Bag? Or did I miss it and you have a fabulous tutorial for this purse somewhere on your site?

Oh, and as mom to seven myself, there's always going to be laundry and a new mess to clean. Sew away!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I love it!!!!