Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On The Road To Recovery!

Well, hopefully I'll be completely better by this weekend!! On Sunday I stayed home and rested. Monday I was much worse and had absolutely NO energy, and the cough was turning me inside out. Throughout these past few days, I had lots of concerned friends that prayed for me, brought me medicines, brought me pie, called and emailed me to make sure I was ok, and watched Georgie so I could go to the doctor.

Tuesday I had my regularly scheduled OB appointment (my last one. Yikes), and by that point I decided that I needed some strong medicine to nip this in the bud. Quickly. So when my doctor walked in, he pleasantly said "How are you today?" Well, I sure told him how I felt. I told him I was sick with bronchitis and added to that in a day or two would be laryngitis, based on how my voice was already almost gone, and that this is a repeating sickness I get every October, which usually lasts at least 6 weeks with a cough that is absolutely tortuous, and if it continues like last year, it would turn into pneumonia. I then told him that if I continued to by sick, that it would ruin everything because I wouldn't be allowed in the NICU to see my baby and that would be the worst possible thing for me to face right now and that I needed some strong medicine to get me better FAST!

He said "Well, that's a lot of big words you just used. Since you are done self-diagnosing, what do you recommend for medicine?" I replied that a Z-Pack should do the trick. He chuckled, wrote it down on his piece of paper, and asked me if I needed anything else. At that point, I realized I was being a bit demanding. So I apologized, but reaffirmed that I could not be sick come next week.

He looked at me and said "I'm just teasing you, Shaina. I totally agree with everything you have said. You can't be sick. You need to be with your baby, and this is exactly the medicine I would have given you. So, what else can I do for you?" I just love my doctor. Wish he could be my PCP instead of just my OB.

Anyway, I got my medication. I have 6 days to get completely recovered. And I Will!!!

Last night was our annual Trunk-or-Treat, a church Halloween party. There was a chili cookoff, along with some super games for the kids, and then trunk-or-treating. Heath took the kids and I stayed home and rested. They all had a great time. Here is a picture of them before they went. We have a ballerina, spiderman, a pirate, and Robin Hood.


The boys got their costumes from our friend Melanie, who not only brought over some medicine for me, but a huge box of dress up clothes for the boys to pick from. The girls rummaged through our box of dress up clothes to find their costumes. They all have a party at school on Friday, where they will get to wear their costumes again, and on Saturday they'll get to go Trick or Treating. So it's a fun week for them filled with costumes and candy. They are loving that combination...especially Kolby, who is still our sugar fanatic.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

I am glad you are going to be taken care of! NICU here you come, healthy and well! I have the book to drop by your house, so you will have some good reading too. The kids look great!

runningfan said...

A toast to your health! Hurrah!

courtney said...

I'm glad that you are going to get better faster! You Will be better! Those costumes are pretty cute. I think we are going as Cleopatra and Ceasar and our little mummies. I told lexie that she was going to be a mummy and she said, "no mom, little girls can't be mommies, only you can!" It was cute!

courtney said...

Shaina, I really think you ought to read my sis-in-laws blog post about Holland.

heathcandybars.blogspot.com

This is Jared's Brother Dusty and his wife Megann's experience with their two kids.

LollyChops said...

YAY for friends who bring pie. Those are the best kinds of friends to have~!

Glad you are gonna feel betters soon. HUGZ.

Vix said...

Glad you are on the mend, the children look adorable!

Elise said...

Yay for getting medicine and getting better. I will never forget the four days I couldn't be in the PICU with Matt because I had a cold and didn't want to get him or any other kid sick. A terrible four days as a mom.