Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stylish Rice Heating Bags

Our weather suddenly turned freakishly cold this weekend. Besides the usual hot baths, putting on socks, and wrapping up in our Snuggi, I wanted another way to stay warm. I remembered that I had all the supplies to make these rice bag warmers that are infused with scented oil. Sounded like the perfect way to occupy my time today.

So I made one for me, and another for a friend having a birthday today. It has a decorative cover, which can be removed for washing. The inside bag is filled with rice that has been scented in some yummy smelling oil. I used a pomegranate scent and it smells super yummy. Just pop the rice bag into the microwave for 1-3 minutes, and enjoy the good smelling warmth for hours.

If you want to make one, here is the tutorial I followed.

10 comments:

annie said...

oh yeah! those are so cute! I've been wanting to make some of those... :)

annie said...

oh, and i love jayne's little man!

runningfan said...

Very cool! What a fun idea.

Jeff and Lori said...

Very cute! I just bought that fabric (the blue flowers with brown background). I'm hoping to make the birdie sling purse with it (perhaps a christmas gift for my sis--if it goes well!). Love the idea of scenting the rice.

Maynards said...

What an awesome idea! Can I just use your brain for one week please. Think of all the wonderful things I could do.

Vix said...

Perfect! Thank you for showing me these, I have been looking for Christmas Gifts for the men of the family and these will be perfect!

Sheri said...

Those are great. I use a big old sock. You should come link up:

I have a linky party going on, come by and link up! http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/10/room-month-monster-dominoes.html

Colleen said...

Those look great, and very useful! Missed you yesterday, I didn't have my back-row buddies complete! Although Kathy Adams joined us, which was very fun, you would have liked it.

Adri said...

I love the fabrics. I just made a cute car seat cover for a friend out of that pink paisley!

My sister in law made us one of these, but didn't add anything to make it smell nice. I like to use it, but Chad says I smell like dinner (rice). I'll have to make myself a new one! ;)

Trinette McCrary said...

Ohhhh, I'm so happy I was the one that benefited from it. Love it!!