Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thank You..and You...and You!

It is always so amazing to me that there is strength in numbers. That even though I don't know many of you, I have been comforted by your words. I have friends here who have cried with me. I have friends from afar who are willing to drop everything to come be with me. I have family and friends who pray for me daily. Believe it or not, I actually FEEL your love. It is impressive. It is powerful. It is of more help to me than I can express.
I know I am not ever alone.

I am going to continue to prepare for this baby's arrival. I am going to continue to fall more in love with him every day. I am going to continue to give him the best environment to develop and grow healthy and strong. I am going to continue.

Thank you, each one of you, for being part of this journey with me. Today is a better day. I plan on each day getting better and better until I get a chance to see my beautiful baby. Then we will start on a new journey, together.

In the meantime, today seemed like a great day to treat myself to a yummy snack. I bought these avocados last weekend, and had them mingling together with my apples to ripen for a few days. Today they were nice and soft, perfect to make some guacamole with. I also had some yummy spicy bean dip, and some homemade salsa. Bring on the Nachos!! Georgie and I shared this plate of goodness, and it really hit the spot.

To top it all off, of course, I had cup after cup (after cup) of crushed ice. Life really isn't that bad after all.

5 comments:

runningfan said...

I'm glad you have some comfort food...and friends...right now!

Jen said...

Shaina,
I am Colleen's friend Jen from Seattle. I know you don't know me either but I think you know I follow your blog and your pregnancy. You are truly an amazing person. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be and I cry with you every time you get the not so good news. I know you have amazing doctors, family and friends there in CO but I find myself wishing from afar that I could be of some help. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through these next months. I can't wait to hear news of your precious little boy arriving in the world but I would stop time for you right now if I could too. He is lucky to have you as a mom.

By the way you are an incredible seamstress and I love all the baby stuff you make. You may inspire me to get out my sewing machine again one of these days.

Colleen said...

Those nachos look SO GOOD! I may have to skip the lasagna for dinner and have Adam pick me up some chips and an avocado on the way home from soccer practice. I am so glad you have such a great support system, and that you are kind enough to make us feel like we are being helpful because we all wish we could just heal it all! Love to you!

Chloe said...

I'm so glad that after yesterday you were able to pick yourself up yet again and find the good in a new day today.

You are always in my heart and thoughts and prayers, my friend :)

LollyChops said...

YUM! That ice looks soooo tasty & tempting. hehhe

Sending more love your way Shaina Bears!