Monday, November 16, 2009

Bath Time

This little guy was pretty stinky yesterday morning, so his nurse Jody and I gave him a bath. He got to have most of his lines (blood pressure, nasal cannula, heart monitors, pulse monitors) temporarily removed so he could get fresh and clean. We kept his left hand out of the bath, because that has his PICC line and IV in it.
He wasn't super impressed by the bath. He cried the whole time, but boy did he smell better afterward! Nothing like a nice warm bath on a cold and snowy day. We got 6 inches of snow overnight, and it continued to lightly snow most of the morning. It was a pretty sight to see out our window.

After his bath and a nice rubdown of lotion, he got all his monitors back on straight, got mummified in his blanket, and went right back to sleep with the help of his comforts: his binkie and his right hand.

His medicine is doing the trick. He hasn't had a drop in his levels at all. We'll probably just be hanging around until Wednesday, when they'll probably do another Echo and see what his heart is looking like after a week of getting blood flow to the right ventricle and out the pulmonary artery. I like these nice quiet days.

15 comments:

runningfan said...

What a sweetheart!

We've got four inches of snow down here, but a regular school day. Hooray!

Sharon said...

Oh how I love him!!

Colleen said...

How fun! Tommy isn't a fan of baths at all either! I love that bottom picture, I have one that looks nearly identical of our boy! Aren't babies wonderful! I am so thankful for your nice quiet days too.

Jeff and Lori said...

Wonderful. So glad his levels are all doing well! There's very little as satisfying as a freshly bathed, lotioned, and snuggled baby.

purejoy said...

he looks so adorable. so indignant about being bathed and photographed in his little nudie dudie-ness.
and so snuggly. i swear. don't you wish you could get swaddled right in there with him?
ummm and yeah. it was 80 in knoxville yesterday. pfsh. you can HAVE your snow!!

Maynards said...

He is so cute! I know I keep saying that, but really, he is adorable.

Dan and Katie said...

He sure looks happy in that last picture!

Me and My Girls said...

Oh how sweet!!! He is so darn cute! I think the snow is pretty but it the whole driving in it that I do not like about it. Luckily you do not have to drive in it just yet. I love the smell the freshly bathed babies. I love the lotion smell too, sometimes I buy it just for myself because I like the smell of it so much. I am so glad the medicine is working for Kimble, he is such a good litle boy.

edy said...

Awwwwww! So Sweet!
Keep Smiling, Mommy.

edyB

courtney said...

I love the pix of him holding his binki! The bath picture makes him look like he is nice and chunnky!

Erica Hettwer said...

Oh, look at all his sweet hair! I just love babies with hair! :D

Lindsey said...

Sweet Sweet boy.

Carol said...

It's good to hear he's been doing well - will be hoping for more good news Wednesday. Such a sweet little face!

Nicki said...

I love babies after a bath--I'm sure you couldn't get enough of him. I wish I could smell him too. We hear you on the snow--not sure I'm quite ready for winter but here we go.

my4suns2 said...

Precious, precious boy. He looks so content.