Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 2

We were originally supposed to be transferred to Children's Hospital yesterday afternoon. The doctors delayed it a few hours, then said it would be immediate, then they changed things again. Apparently, right as they were ready to do the transfer, another baby took the spot intended for our baby, which apparently was an emergency situation. So we've just been hanging out at University hospital still. It's been just fine, but I think we are all ready to get settled over at Children's.

As far as Kimble goes, he is doing very well with his oxygen levels. The prostoglandin medicine is doing the job. He had an echocardiogram the night he was born, and that showed no surprises from what we saw through the ultrasounds when I was pregnant. He has many more tests and procedures planned for him over the next few days while the doctors gather all the information needed before they decide on his route of surgeries.

Even though he is doing so GREAT, his situation is still very severe. However, Kimble has proved to be such a trooper already. He is so good natured about all the pricks, pokes, and prods that he is bombarded with. He is just so sweet natured.

He loves being touched and talked to. He always has his little right hand up by his mouth. Yesterday I walked in and he was sucking on his two first fingers. He is soft and lovable and sweet.

Heath went home last night to be with the kids. He had a hard time leaving his little boy. It was very tender to see how in love he is with Kimble. We are so grateful for our friends who have watched our kids these past few days, and even extended their watch, so that Heath could be here with us as much as possible. He has plans to come back again and spend the day, as we transition to the other hospital. My mom flies in tonight to stay with us for the rest of the month.

I'll keep updating everyday! Once again, we are so grateful for all your prayers. We are healthy and able to be strong, emotionally and physically, during this time. Thank you all so much.

9 comments:

Nicki said...

YOu are up way to early after just giving birth! Glad to hear that Kimble is hanging in there. I hope you get to the Children's Hospital soon.

Sharon said...

Hopefully you can be moved to the childrens hospital today sometime.... i love to see pictures of Kimble, and hear the updates!

McConkies said...

We're so happy for you guys. What a gorgeous, special little boy. He must be something special for him to come to such loving parents. You're in our prayers.
Ramona

traci said...

he is a beautiful baby... my heart is full as i read this... praying everything will go well

I'm Always Rite said...

Shaina, I've just caught up on your blog for the past week or so. You are so incredibly blessed! The post about Heath's co-workers donating time and the amount it ended up being made me cry! What a blessing! And then to have Jennifer there with you this week! I love your stories of birth and all the wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing life! You continue to be Wonder Woman and that is how I will always think of you! You amaze me! Kimball is absolutely beautiful and amazing and precious and I am so completely happy for you to finally have him here! We have included your family, especially Kimball, in all our prayers lately and we will continue to do so! Love and miss you & your awesome family bunches Shaina!

Colleen said...

It's comforting, in a way, to think he's stable enough that they can wait a day to move him, although I am sure you are ready to get settled in! What a sweet, strong baby Kimble is! I am glad you guys have the best care and so much love and help.

Jed and Kera said...

What a handsome little guy you have! Kimble is such a strong name, goes well with your trooper! I know you don't know me, but my prayers are with you all.

Queen of Chaos said...

We will be right here every day anxiously looking for updates. :) Thanks for being so prompt about it. We're all dying to know.

I'm happy things are going as well as they possibly can. It's all wonderful. Seeing Warren w/ our babies is such sweet little moments for me too. I know what you mean about Heath. Our men are just as much in love with our babies as we are!

We hope the transfer to the children's hospital will go smoothly. I'm glad mom can be there for you all for a good month! That's just awesome.
(((HUGS))) and prayers from us.

Lindsey said...

He is absolutely beautiful. All I can think about when looking at his pictures is how he makes you just want to hold him and stroke his soft baby skin. What a blessing to have such a special spirit in your family. He will bring so much to you :)