Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hello Prostoglandin

So, it didn't work. Immediately his saturation levels dropped off, and within 3 hours of taking him off the medication, he was more than 30 points lower than he had started out at. Plus, he had taken on a nice purple hue to his skin color. Not good.

They put the medicine back on. Within minutes he was back up to his normal saturation level. So, he needs the prostoglandin right now. The doctors will pow wow about him again, and they will decide on what to do next. Most likely, he'll need to go back to the Cath Lab and have a stent placed in that opening, so it will stay open, instead of needing the medicine to do that.

For now, he is pink again. That is good.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, that was fast. Thank goodness for talented drs. and that he is there at Childrens. You guys are in a good place.

Nicki said...

I'm sure that was a little scary but so glad that he's doing better now. I hope the infection clears up quickly. He's a strong baby boy!

Adri said...

Darn! I'm sorry to hear about the set back. Keep fighting, Kimble!

runningfan said...

I'm glad there's a back-up plan! Pink is a beautiful color!

Jeff and Lori said...

Pink is definitely my favorite color. I'm glad the prostaglandin is effective so immediately. Hopefully the stent will do the trick. Still praying for you both every day...

Jen said...

Pink is so much better then purple. I'm glad they caught it quick. Kimble is such a trooper. Thanks again for letting me see you, Heath, and your beautiful baby.

Elise said...

I'm so sorry that the "no prostoglandin" didn't work but pink definitely is better than purple. Kimble has terrific doctors and parents watching over him. He is blessed.