Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Scenes From Our World

When the sun came up, our hope came up as well. His vitals have stabilized. So far, the rest of the day, after 5am, has been incredibly different than it started out as. Kimble has been stable, and is resting after his ordeal. He needs this quiet time to let his little body recover, as well as get use to the new bloodflow, so we are very happy. He is still sedated and has a whole slew of medications getting pumped into him. This next pictures shows just a few connections, coming from one IV.

He has quite a few lines, going into his body. He has two peripheral IVs, one Central Line, and one Art line (artery). He also has draining tubes and ventilator tubes.
All of his lines are connected to these pressure machines, that administer the medications, fluids, and nutrition to Kimble. He currently has 13 of these machines hooked up, and some of them do double duty with the medicines.

He gets his nose, throat, and mouth sucked out quite a bit, since he can't do it himself. His breathing tube is through his nose.
So his bed is a pretty busy place right now. It's full of wires and stuff. His personal belongings are sitting close by, in a corner, waiting for the time we can use them again.

Since today has been less dramatic than the previous 12-24 hours were, both Heath and I took little naps today. We much prefer the quiet hours of waiting, than the emotional hours of trauma.

19 comments:

Trinette McCrary said...

I'm thankful for your......
Kimble
Strength
Faith
Courage
Wisdom
Example
Love
Updates
Pictures

Carol said...

Good to hear things are quiet... Still thinking and praying for you all... You are such a strong family...

Jed and Kera said...

oh goodie! i love good news! :O) what a strong little man you have!

Leah Killian said...

Very, very good! He has so many wires- it looks like he's got Christmas lights all over him!

Me and My Girls said...

He is perfect even when he is sedated!!! Glad that today has gotten better for everyone. xoxoxo

Heidi said...

wow, that is tons of stuff going on for one sweet, strong little body! And a lot for two loving parents to take in, as well! I am so glad he is doing so much better and things were quieter today!

dippyrooroo said...

I am relieved that things are so much better today! Here's hoping for an even better tomorrow!

Adri said...

Oh, oh my. I can't imagine what a traumatic night you had last night. So glad today has been better. Wishing rest for you all.

Steve and Megan said...

You probably don't remember me too well. I scrapbooked at your house when Tara was visiting (at your house in CA) a couple years ago. I follow your blog and have your cookbook in my kitchen cupboard. I'm praying for you and my heart goes out to you and your family right now. Hang in there, your little guy has a lot of strangers out there cheering for him and praying that he be given all that he needs at this difficult time.

Love, Megan

Jen said...

So many tubes and wires but Kimble is such a strong little boy through it all. I am praying he remains stable and continues to heal. Our prayers are with you. Thank you for keeping us posted on the goings on of your day.

Maynards said...

By the end of this, you may just be a doctor yourself. I don't know how you keep it all straight! I am so glad he is doing better.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Love you guys..

Heidi said...

That is great news that he doing so much better he is such a strong little man!!! We are praying for you everyday and thinking about your family daily!!! Try to have a happy Thanksgiving!!!

Elise said...

I'm so glad that Kimble is doing better. I know how scary and crazy all those lines and machines are. But he is being watched over by Heavenly Father as are your entire family. We continue to pray for you all.

Dona de Casa Desesperada said...

Your little angel is soo cute! I am sooo in love with him. I pray everyday for him and for you guys.

Thank you for the updadtes and pictures and everything.

Lots of love from Portugal!

Jurema

Paula said...

what a miracle! You and Kimble are constantly in my prayers.
see you soon

my4suns2 said...

I just wish I could reach through the computer and stroke his little foot. He is so precious. I'm so grateful he's had a quiet day.

Karen and Matt said...

I'm so glad that little Kimble is doing better. What a scary experience to go through. That is a lot of wires to have to be connected to...yikes! Wishing the best for all of you! Hope Thanksgiving goes well for you as well. Totally keeping you guys in our prayers! Hugs to you and your family! Love you! =)

Nicki said...

I hope today is even better and that you all can rest and recoup! We love you.