Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday, as this little guy enjoyed some tummy time, and then got to spend hours with his grandma holding him...

The husband and I got to enjoy a few hours with these kiddos. We played Pictureka...
We wandered around the hospital...ate a picnic lunch in the cafeteria....watched the kids run around outside...got lots of love and attention...


Had a very unhealthy snack of french fries and onion rings, dipped in ranch. (That's Georgie's hand, dripping in the ranch dressing that she just fell into, in haste to get some fries.)

And after hours of togetherness, the kids went back home and I went back to my baby. I missed him terribly. It was a good visit. Much thanks to Ben and Becky, for driving up my family (since Heath was already here with us). The kids will come up again on Thursday, to enjoy a nice cafeteria-style Thanksgiving lunch with us.
Tomorrow baby goes into surgery. He will have a BT Shunt placed between his aorta and his pulmonary artery, as a permanent opening for blood to get to his lungs to be oxygenated. It's an open-chest surgery. He shouldn't have to go on a heart-lung bypass, so we are thankful for that. The next few days are going to be very hard, with his situation being critical, as he recovers. I can already feel my emotions getting the better of me, as I prepare myself for what's going to happen. Kimble is a strong boy. We are praying for the best.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Just thinking of you all and checked in... Looks like good family fun! Hang in there -praying for Kimble and your family.

Ryan said...

I loved that article in the paper about you and sweet Kimble. What a neat community to be a part of. We hope all goes well with his surgery and that you feel all our love and prayers from so far away. Looks like you had some fun adventures at the hospital with the whole gang--that picture of George with Ranch dripping is cute! THis is Nicki and we all love you.

lori parkhurst said...

I AM BEckys cousin. i am praying for you. Good luck with his little surgery tomorrow. You are in my thoughts.

Colleen said...

wondreful day! the kids were great today in the primary program, especially little georgie! kimble is such a strong boy, and is in our prayers! hang in there mommy, you are doing great!

Maynards said...

It was good to see you yesterday, even though it was so short. Good thing it was though, you wouldn't believe the sinus infection I woke up with.
We are saying a special prayer for Kimble as a family tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Stay strong.
p.s. Your kids did great in the program. Gorgie melted our hearts.

runningfan said...

I'm glad you had a good visit with the kids, and that Grandma got a few hours with Kimble.

Stay strong tomorrow! I'll pray for you!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I miss you guys and I miss my snuggle time and quit talks with Kimble. You all are so special to me and I wish I was there physically with you tomorrow although I cant be know that I am in spirit and so is William.
Love you!!

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a great time visiting with the kids. You will be in our prayers tomorrow for a safe and smooth surgery for Kimble. He is such a strong little baby.

kendra said...

I'm so happy you got to spend some time with your family.

Good luck tomorrow. With Heath's permission, we put your family's and Kimble's names on the prayer roll at the temple on Friday. I hope you can bask in the comfort of the spirit tomorrow. We'll be thinking and praying for you and Kimble.

Queen of Chaos said...

The love of a family and its bonds are so strong and much needed in a time like this. I'm glad you have such a great family and friends. Families are forever!

My heart is with you and our prayers will be for Kimble to be as strong as his little body can be.

As a mom and woman I feel your hurt, worry and desire for all to be well.

amy said...

I am thinking of you and your entire family today. I am glad you have support. I am thinking and praying that Kimble will be blessed to come through the surgery as well as possible.

Elise said...

I'm so glad that the kids and your mom got to come down to the hospital for some good family time. It looks like you guys had a blast together.

Good luck today with Kimble's surgery. WIll definitely keep him in our prayers extra today. Everything will go well.

Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had a great day with the kido's read the article that was great!!!! We have all of you in our prayers, Hope all goes well with the surgery today with the little man..
We love you guys and are thinking of you often....

Megan said...

I'm thinking/praying for you and Kimble today. I love the action shot of George and Kamy's eyes in the picture as she stares at the dripping Ranch. Glad you got to have some family time.