Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Wish


Keaton leaned over to me in church yesterday, and said "Mom, wanna know what I want Santa to bring me for Christmas?"

"Tell me." I said.

"Well, I want a First Alert!"

"What's that?" I asked, perplexed.

"Well, it's this cool strap thing that you wear around your neck, and if you need help, you just push the button, and people will come help you! Like, if I've fallen, and I can't get up...someone will come rescue me!"

I had to hold back a laugh, as I tried to explain to Keaton that a First Alert is meant for older people that might have difficulty getting up if they fall, or otherwise might need medical care quickly and can't make it to their telephone to call 911.

He was a bit sad to learn that Santa probably had something different planned for him.

I hope he's not too terribly disappointed with legos.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Keaton is so inocent and cute:P

kdaygirl said...

Oh that is just to funny. Help! I've fallen and I can't get up! who wouldnt love having something like that for all your needs...To funny Keaton. I just love it!

Sheri said...

For years all my little girl wanted was a "clapper". You know that contraption that when you clap turns the light off. Crazy kids :)

Adri said...

Too funny! Don't you love the things they learn about from commercials!

purejoy said...

is that not the most precious wish? it made me say "awww" right out loud.
i'm pretty sure he's going to love the legos.
first alert. how adorable is that!!?