Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Homeward Bound

So we did get to go home on Sunday. The decision to release us went back and forth all morning, but by noon, it was decided that we could, indeed, go home. We were so excited!! Kimble got to wear his little going home outfit, which had a onsie that appropriately declared his love for me. Daddy came to pick us up, and we anxiously got outta there!
He was absolutely tiny in his carseat.

We loaded up two red wagons with all of our stuff and headed to the elevators!!

It was a cold and snowy day. We drove home extra slow. The kiddos were so excited to see us!! We had only been home a minute or so, when everyone wanted to hold Baby Kimble. We gave them three rules: 1) You can only hold him if mom or dad is right there, to hand him to you. 2) No touching or breathing on baby, and don't kiss him! 3) Do not ever touch his binkie.
We are trying to minimize germs as much as possible. We have a gallon of hand sanitizer at the ready, and the kids wash their hands like crazy. We are really hoping we all stay healthy, but especially Kimble.

After all the rules were understood, we let everyone hold Kimble for a few minutes.




We are so happy to be home together. Stay tuned. Lots more posts coming!

25 comments:

Nicki said...

That is right where he belongs!!! Looks like he got lots of lovin' and look how good you look, Shaina--just having a baby, in hospital for one month, rollercoaster ride!!! You look fabulous! So happy to hear that he is home and hope life is settling down a little.

courtney said...

I think those will be some of your most precious pictures! I'm glad all is well...you could have thekids drink vinigar water everyday! My kids actually like that stuff! And take oderless garlic pills...I know I sound like mom but it has helped me stay healthy while all around me people are dropping like flies!

Paula said...

Welcome home! You guys look great. As soon as I am completely 100% well I'll come visit.

Paula said...

Welcome home! You guys look great. As soon as I am completely 100% well I'll come visit.

runningfan said...

Congratulations! I'm thrilled that you are home together.

Brittany Nicole said...

Haha! I love that picture of Kimble and Georgie. :)

Maynards said...

Welcome home! I want to come see you, but am feeling so incredibly overwhelmed at the moment with Ben's surgery being tomorrow morning, and way too much to get done before then. Maybe next week if I can get my act together.
The pictures of the kids and Kimble are priceless. I bet they are soooooooo happy to have their mommy home.

Queen of Chaos said...

It's great to see you guys are home as a complete family. :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow he looks so much bigger than when I left.. I am so glad you are together again as a family.. It must feel amazeing..

Jed and Kera said...

I am giddy for you! There really is no place like home! Kimble is one lucky boy to have siblings and a mommy and daddy who love him so much!

Eric's Mommy said...

So glad he is home, he is so cute!!

steffany said...

Welcome Home little Christmas Angel.

Me and My Girls said...

They all said it all! He is so perfect! Love you Kimble. xoxo

Trinette McCrary said...

Yeah!! I'm sure it feels wonderful to be home.

MaloyMayhem said...

I am so happy that you are home safe! And especially to be home with little Kimble. I can't wait to meet him.

Carol said...

What wonderful pictures - so glad he is home safe and sound!! Very happy for you all!!

Holmes Home said...

So glad everyone is home together :)

Nancy said...

It's wonderful to see a family picture of you ALL together! Love the one of Georgie! Kimble is definitely loved!

Jeff and Lori said...

Love the pictures! Looks like he got lots of lovin' from the kids. How fun! So glad he's home and doing well.

kendra said...

so happy for you!! Look at Kami - what a little mom! I bet it is a relief to be together again.

Colleen said...

What a special day! And such a special family to welcome him home. Let's hope the germs stay far far away! Can't wait to read more updates and come visit soon when we won't have our own germs to share!

Ande said...

Those are wonderful pictures!! I am so glad that you guys are home and get to be as a family again. He is adorable!!!!!

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

I'm so glad you guys were finally able to go home and that all is well. Oh and Happy Birthday Georgie!!!! :)

Sara said...

It's amazing to see you all together in your home again. WOW. And I am loving the red wagons at Childrens. That's cool :)

Welcome home!!!!

Vix said...

I am so so happy for you. Although I haven't been able to comment (for my own health reasons) I have logged on to see what is happening with you and the gorgeous Kimble. You are in my thoughts daily x