Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If Your Name Is Shavonne...

...and you are my sister,
...and it is your birthday today,

Then don't look at this post!

Today is Shavonne's birthday! She is the sister just younger than me. She has red hair and blue eyes and likes to knit, bake, and go Letterboxing. She has a cat named Mitch, who thinks he's a dog and likes to fetch things. She has a husband who likes to eat tomatoes and wear cologne. She's been working at her job for many many years, as a Labor and Delivery Nurse. When she was a little girl, she was afraid that lava would get her. She likes to read, go on cruises, and make jewelry. In short, she's pretty much one of the coolest people I know.

So for her birthday, I made her a little something. I made a pretty scarf for her, which is decorative, soft, and matches her eyes.

I wore it to church on Sunday, just to make sure it was up to snuff for her. It is. I was tempted to keep it....
...'cause I felt so pretty wearing it, but instead, I sent it out in the mail to her. Hope she loves it! Happy Birthday Savonay!

8 comments:

Me and My Girls said...

So cute!!! I think it is perfect for her it is her style I am sure. And I totally agree that she is pretty much the coolest person I know too. Happy Birthday Shavs.

Stacey said...

That is so pretty!!!!! I bet she loves it!

Shavonne said...

I do love it!! Sorry, I peeked (you shouldn't have told me NOT to look, or that you were putting it up...) Thanks you sooo much! I'm really excited to get it :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

I love it are you going to share the patteren so I can make me one.. Or you just going to mee one that would be even better. LOL

rad6 said...

The scarf is great... but I love how you feel about your sis! She is blessed to have you!

rad6 said...

The scarf is great... but I love how you feel about your sis! She is blessed to have you!

purejoy said...

love the scarf and all the stuff you told about your sister. pretty cool.
and i'd love to know how you made the scarf! it's so cool!!

Jennifer Juniper said...

It's a beautiful color! Great job!