Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Sister Left

Kim (and Addi) left this morning to drive back to Utah. I asked her if she could stay forever. She couldn't.
Now I have no one to hold baby so I can take a shower. Obviously I will still manage a way to shower, but my point is, that I could shower in peace, knowing that if baby fussed (or turned blue from lack of oxygen), that someone was there to see him and take care of him.
I have to start doing laundry again...loading the dishwasher again....getting the kids ready for school again...run errands and do grocery shopping with all the kids again...
In short, the honeymoon is over. I need to learn to manage the house again, and be a parent to 5 kids, one of whom is not just a regular newborn, but one that could go from good to bad in a matter of seconds, as we discovered in the hospital. Added to that, this week is the last week of school before a 3 WEEK HOLIDAY VACATION. 3 weeks home from school. Sigh.

Kim, are you sure you can't stay forever?

5 comments:

Me and My Girls said...

I am so glad that she was able to come and stay with you and help you out fo r a bit. It will be hard at first without the extra hands but you have prvoen yourself to be wonder woman, you can do this. I love you. xoxo stay strong.

Maynards said...

Hang in there...you can do it! You have a lot of friends that are just one phone call away if you need anything.

Jen Sue Wild said...

I know what you mean, when my sister left from her visit when William was born I felt a little lost she had done almost every thing for my family for 5 weeks. Dale went back to work and I was left on my own to cope with every thing, it was hard but with my close friends I made it.. Also trust in our Heavenly Father I know it is scary but he will prompt, guide and lead you to know Kimbles needs and warn you if somethings a miss while showering.
I love you!!

Wish I was there to hold Kimbel while you take your shower.

kdaygirl said...

I was sorry to leave! It was bittersweet.

I will miss Georgie giving hugs that are so big you think your head will POP off!

I will miss Kami and what a good helper she is.

I will totally miss all of Kolby's faces he makes.


I will miss Keaton playing so well with Addason.

Most of all I will miss being with my BFF and sharing in the joy of baby Kimble. Thanks for the memories!

kdaygirl said...

I almost forgot Master Heath! I really will miss talking to you!