Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Servant!"

Some of you may remember this story, about how when I was young, my older sister Kim dubbed me "Assistant". Well, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, only with this generation, the roles seem reversed.

After Georgie got her bike for her birthday, I overheard her saying to Addi, Kim's son, "Servant! Push me. Faster Servant, Faster!"

It seems that Addi became "Servant", which in my opinion, is worse than being "Assistant". At least with the title of"Assistant", you feel that you are recognized for your work. With "Servant", you are simply used and abused. I don't know where Georgie picked up that title, and why she chose to express her power over Addi...however, it seems that Addi didn't mind.

He kept referring to himself as "Servant" and kept pushing Georgie around in circles, only stopping a few times to sit down and rest. What a trooper.

5 comments:

Nicki said...

What will Georgie do without her servant?! It's nice that the roles, or families, got switched for this generation, eh. . . I hope you are adjusting to having Kim gone and hope all is going smoothly.

annie said...

that is so cute! i love it!

Maynards said...

I am still laughing!

kdaygirl said...

I agree that servant is a little harsh. At least as the assitant you get to be in control when the boss is out. Ha Ha
Addi asked me this morning if I wanted him to be my servant. He must be missing Georgie!

Sharon said...

nothing seems to bother addi, he just goes with the flow!