Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tube Removed!

Kimble was visited by two special people today! First, Aunt Kimmie (my older sister and BFF) came to stay at my home for a week or two. She is missing our nephew's baptism, as well as her daughter's 12th birthday, to be with us. I am very thankful. Since Heath is going back to work next week, Kim will be with the kiddos until I am able to be home, and then she'll help out for a while longer until I'm back in the mommy groove.

She was able to visit with, and hold Kimble for a while. They liked each other, I think.

Daddy also got in some love, after having spent three days home with the kids.
After they went back home, Kimble got his drainage tube removed because the Echocardiogram showed no more fluid around his heart! Yay!! I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel! If no more complications develop, we should be home in a few days.

I look forward to never seeing another pink and blue striped hospital blanket swaddling my baby again! (at least, for the next 3-4 months)

7 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you're back on the home stretch! Kimble is looking very cute wearing clothes. I'll be watching your blog for more news.

Me and My Girls said...

I agree it is so nice to see Kimble in cute little boy clothes! He is so handsome! I am glad that Kim is there, she really is a blessing to our family! I love you Shaina, I am so glad that you will get to go home in just a few short days. Here's to the power of prayer. xoxo

Jed and Kera said...

Aww. I tell you, even my husband has fallen in love with Baby Kimble. I read him ever update that comes in. He too, feels that this lil man is a special little guy!

Bobbi said...

he is absolutely beautiful! im so glad everything is going better! thanks for keeping everyone updated on his progress...you have lots of prayers out there!

Colleen said...

YAY!!!! Kimble's so strong, and so cute! I am so glad you are getting more help, I was starting to wonder if your mom had gone home. We have a couple of those hospital blankets here at our house. I will make sure to never have them out when you are around :). I can't wait to have this runny nose gone, and long gone, so I can see you again! I feel so sad I haven't been to see you again, but I know you are grateful that I am not sharing these germs!

kendra said...

yay! what a strong little guy he is. I'm so happy that things are going well. Keep it up Kimble, you tough kid.

He is looking very "grown up" already. So adorable.

amy said...

I was just going to say the same thing everyone else said. He looks so good all clothed! He looks so much more comfortable! He has such a pure beautiful little face!

I am amazed at the wonderful things he is able to accomplish. What a strong little fighter! Congradulations!