Friday, December 11, 2009

Zero Degrees


It was a cold week to be in Colorado. School was cancelled on the coldest day, when temperatures stayed below zero all day, with the frigid wind chill. Yesterday, when I was taking Kimble to his Cardiology appointment, the radio announced that it was zero degrees, but compared to how cold it was with the wind chill the day before, the zero degrees felt like a balmy 35 degrees. It was so nice out! In fact, when Kamy walked outside this morning, to go to school, the temperature being in the single digits, she said "It's not cold out here! Why am I all bundled up?"
It is starting to warm up. The sunshine is out. The roads aren't icy anymore. We should enjoy a few days of temperatures in the 20s before it drops again this weekend.

3 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

Burrr! This is our first winter back in Ohio since we were in Logan, UT for the first 2 years we were married. It's cold here, but not like in Logan, or where you are!!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years before moving overseas with my Air Force husband. I can honestly say that, while it does get cold in Colorado, at least it isn't a MOIST cold. The kind of cold where snot freezes in your nose immediately. However, 20 below zero is hard to take in any environment! But...you have the beautiful mountains to look at every day. I miss Pikes Peak!!! I even had a very distant view of Garden of the Gods from my bedroom. :( Here in Oklahoma...its all yellow. Yuck.

Megan said...

I thought it was cold here! It's been in the single digits every morning for a week plus and plans to stay that way for a while. I love how cute your kids look all bundled up. It takes extra time each morning to deal with that process!