Monday, January 25, 2010

A Dollie For Georgie

Georgie has been asking me for a dollie for quite a while. Yesterday seemed a great day to make her one. So first, I drew out a picture of what I anticipated her to look like. Then I drew and cut out the patterns for her. Georgie called my drawing "her directions".


Georgie was my self-proclaimed helper. She told me what to do next. "The legs, momma! Ok...now she needs a bow. Do you see the bows? Do the bows momma!" After each thing was accomplished, she would say something like "Good girl momma. Now...where are the directions...here they are. Ok, now she needs eyes. EYES MOMMA!"

Good thing I had Georgie right there to help me, or the doll would never have gotten finished! Oh, and Georgie decided to name her Lacee. So, here's Lacee!





Georgie was thrilled with her dollie. I hope she gets loved for many decades.

13 comments:

Megan said...

I'm very impressed and so is my daughter Chelsea. She said "she's good" at making dolls!! She can't believe you made her up!

Sharon said...

she's really cute!!you did an awesome job! you can make one for jayners if you want... georgie is a slave driver!

edyB said...

Sweet dollie and sweet little mommy! It's her special doll because she "helped"...

Nicki said...

You must have that extra set of arms that you were talking about. . . I don't know how you get all of this stuff done. That doll is super cute--good thing you had your directions and your director to help get you through:).

Queen of Chaos said...

You made that in ONE day? Wow! Dolly is super cute.

You are doing great with your self-taught sewing skills. You just whip out the coolest stuff. Napoleon Dynamite would be jealous. ;)

Trinette McCrary said...

She is just out right adorable. Hmmm, you can make one for Teva and I will buy it from you:}

Julz said...

that is awesome

Jen Sue Wild said...

What sweet pic of baby girl.. very cute doll as well.

runningfan said...

Adorable! I'm very impressed. Batman is still adored at this house...

Maynards said...

Honestly...you should just go into business. If I could ever make a doll like that, or a tag monster, or cute baby clothes and shoes, or cute blankets, or amazing cookbooks, I sure would.

Rayna said...

So dang cute!

Elise said...

Totally cute. You are so talented.

dippyrooroo said...

So adorable!!!!