Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Name and a Blessing

In our church, we don't baptize our infants. We wait until they are 8 years old to do that, when they are of the age of accountability. However, we do give them a special blessing by someone who holds the priesthood. In this blessing, the infant's name is declared, and will then be on the official records of the church. It is also customary to then give the baby a blessing, individual to them, and specific to their needs. These blessings could be: being an example to all; having an understanding of their trials with great perspective; being kind and loving and a joy to those around them; serving others; having faith.

Today, we were able to have Kimble blessed by his Daddy. Many of our friends, other priesthood holders in our church, were able to stand in the circle to support Heath, as he gave a beautiful blessing to our baby.

It was such a sweet time for all of us today. There were many moments during my pregnancy with him, that we were cautioned that he might not live. There were moments after Kimble was born, that we didn't know if he would survive the night. There is always the uncertainty with future surgeries, that he will thrive. All these things considered, we are mighty impressed with our little fighter. He is strong and courageous and already, and example to many.

On this special day, we were able to witness a miracle. Our baby is with us. He is doing great. He is loved by many. He is happy...

...and we are so happy to have him with us.
Here are a few things from his blessing. "You came into this life with the knowledge of your trials. Heavenly Father loves you. You are blessed with a sweet spirit, which you will have throughout your life. You will have the ability to serve others. You are kind and innocent. You will have challenges; many people have challenges. Recognize that these challenges in your life will better you, and that it is ok to have these challenges. As you grow, you'll be blessed to understand these challenges. You are blessed with a happy demeanor. Remember throughout life, to stop and smell the roses. You will bless those around you. You will be an example to others, a light in their life."

17 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have to say. Every time I see pictures of him, all I want to do is cuddle him. He brings a smile to my face everytime. How amazing his spirit must be.

Ande said...

He is such a sweet adorable baby!!! I love the picture of him and Heath. So glad that today went well for you!!!

Colleen said...

It was a beautiful blessing and definitely a miraculous day. I am so glad we could share this special day with sweet, precious Kimble who is now blessed by a priesthood authority, his wonderful daddy, with the strength to endure the challenges ahead.

runningfan said...

Happy day!

Me and My Girls said...

Wish I could have been there for this special day. He is a mirical baby and I cannot tell you how much I thrive just on knowing how he is doing. I love you Kimble. xoxo

courtney said...

Today is a great day, I feel like I was kind of there because I was able to watch and listen as Jared's brother blessed his baby Lilly. Congrats Kimble! I love you tons!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I wish I could have been there I bet the blessing was quite special.
Love you guys..

Jen said...

What a wonderful beautiful day for your family. Awesome picture of Heath and Kimble. What an amazing strong little boy.

Sara said...

What a sweet sweet picture that last one is. This smile makes me smile :)

Carol said...

Beautiful.... just beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a special family moment!

Holmes Home said...

WONDERFUL!

I'm Always Rite said...

What a fabulous day! So happy for you guys! So happy to see Kimble doing so well! He is absolutely adorable! ;} Love and miss you guys bunches!

Maynards said...

How precious! He is such a little fighter. I am so glad you were able to have such a special day with your little guy. Sorry I missed it.

kdaygirl said...

Yea! What a wonderful day, for you and all the members of the ward who were praying for Kimble too. He looks so cute in his blessing outfit, where did u end up getting it from? I love the smile picture to, he looks like he is having a good dream.

Carolann said...

Kimble looks so happy! What a wonderful family for him to be a part of!

scarecrow said...

Congratulations! After so many prayer for Kimble, you, and his doctors, I feel like this is a big day for a lot of people, the answer to so many prayers. And looking forward to many more special days to come for Kimble.

rad6 said...

Congratulations to you and your sweet little angel boy. Wow... he is precious.
I love reading your thoughts and experiences, they make me stronger. Thank you for sharing.