Friday, January 8, 2010

Special Moments

When we were in the hospital, we had a special photographer come from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. John was a really great guy, and took the time to capture some very sweet photographs.


We went back and forth on whether to have this organization come. Even though Kimble's heart defects were very severe, the doctors had a great plan in place to help his heart function properly. The final decision was made after we thought about the possibility of our baby not surviving his surgeries, and how we would feel. These pictures would mean the world to us. So we went ahead and had the photographer come.

About a week later, when Kimble almost didn't live through the night, my mind kept going back to that night we took the pictures, and I was very grateful that we had done that.

So here are some of the pictures that we got from that photo session.



Because of the special circumstances, we were allowed to have the kids come in for that short time, so we could have a picture taken with them, and so they could see their baby brother alive...just in case. They were not allowed to touch him, but they loved being able to see him.
It was really important to me to have a family picture.

...and I think this next one might just be my favorite.

13 comments:

Julz said...

these are awesome

Me and My Girls said...

Oh these are so wonderful. I think that they all turned out to beautiful. I am so glad that you got these done. Kimble is such a blessing to have. I think that we all have learned how much love comes from one little person. You have made a menice of a lot of us, I hate going a day without reading your blog and looking at updates and pictures of Kimble. xoxo

runningfan said...

Fantastic! I'm thrilled you have these pictures!

traci said...

love it...sweet pics....

Shavonne said...

Beautiful, and I'm glad you took them. They touched me, as I see the other side of when they don't make it. Sooo glad Mr. Kimble is doing well!

Colleen said...

Lovely photos! They will certainly be such treasures for you.

Jen said...

What amazing beautiful pictures. So glad you have them and your amazing little boy.

Nicki said...

Wow, what great photos! That little boy and his eyes. . .He could just melt anyone! Also, that photo of you, Georgie, and Kimble. PRICELESS!

heather v. said...

Wow! Those pics are darling! Thank you for sharing Shaina!

Pam said...

These are wonderful photos! I love them all, what a gift these are.

Jed and Kera said...

priceless... I love them all. And way to go Kimble! (For being a big 10 pounder!)

Ande said...

Those are beautiful!! My eyes are tearing up just looking at them.

COKE FAMILY said...

I love the pictures, especially of all the kids looking at Kimble. Great job!