Sunday, February 28, 2010

Breakfast Kick

I've been on a breakfast kick lately. Real breakfast, not cereal. I never eat cereal. I don't drink milk. So I'm limited in the early morning, trying to find something satisfying to eat without making a big breakfast. I usually resort to some oatmeal (the kids call it porridge) or I have leftovers of whatever I made the night before for dinner, or I skip it (I know, terrible). If I'm smart, I'll get some yogurt at the store, but I find the cost of those little containers depressing. I'm cheap.

Anyway, to satisfy my craving for big breakfast-type items, we have it for dinner instead. One great thing about being in the hospital so long with Kimble, is that I got to go down to the cafeteria and get french toast every single day. I loved it. Yumm. So that is the recipe I have to share with you today. Heath, upon hearing me rave about the hospital french toast, found this recipe online, and it's very comparative. If you were like me, and always use to just blended together some eggs and milk for your french toast mixture, I encourage you to try this recipe. You'll be delighted.

French Toast

1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sugar

12 slices of Texas Toast

Blend batter ingredients very well so there are no lumps. Heat up griddle, melt some butter over the surface so the bread won't stick. Dip bread into batter, then cook on griddle for a few minutes each side, until golden brown.

2 comments:

runningfan said...

I can't wait to try this! I love French Toast!

Ande said...

hmmmm... that sounds yummy!!!! Can't wait to try it. I don't like to eat cereal either. I really have to be in the mood for it. Same with milk, I have to be in the mood for it. Too bad that milk here tastes funny.