It seems I'm killing time with this blog post. I've got tons of stuff to do, but absolutely no motivation to do it. Last week, after our carpet installers left, we began putting our house back in order. We moved furniture back in the house and placed them in the appropriate positions. We moved boxes of stuff back in, like books, computer stuff, and other random stuff that belonged in drawers and hutches. It's been over a week and I still have boxes in the middle of my floor. I just have no motivation to put it away. I know it will take less than an hour, but here I sit. Doing nothing.
Actually, that's not true. I've got tons of stuff that I'm juggling. We switched the girl's room to the basement, and brought up the spare bedroom to the girl's old room. With that switch, I've been reorganizing and decluttering and cleaning...but seeming to get more behind everyday.
We also brought all the kid's dressers downstairs to the laundry area, because I was very tired of the clothes mess in their rooms, and the huge process of taking their clean clothes up to their bedrooms. This is my hope that having everyone's clothes in the same place will bring cleanliness to their rooms, and less laundry for me, and more control over keeping everything neat and tidy. We'll see.
So, here are some random things I've been thinking about lately.
1. I hate wearing shoes. I mean, I really and truly cringe everytime I need to put on a shoe. It makes me sad. It makes me feel claustrophobic. It makes my feet feel heavy and burdened. I don't like shoes.
2. I hate bar soap. It's glupy and messy and leaves yuckiness in the shower/bath. I don't like bar soap.
3. I use conditioner to shave my legs.
4. I think I'm turning into a chocoholic. In turn, I think I'm gaining weight after having this baby, instead of losing it. The two are related somehow...
5. We will be changing our home phone number soon. It's really annoying having people call for a doctor's office again and again...and the faxes are the worst because whoever is sending the fax doesn't check to make sure the number is correct. They just keep trying to send a fax again and again...all.day.long. I'm beyond OVER it. Plus, hardly anyone calls my home number looking for me. I'm done.
6. Watching LOST makes me so happy.
7. I'm terrified of Kimble's next heart surgery. So beyond terrified.
8. My baby brother is getting married in June. He was my baby growing up. I took care of him. We were joined at the hip for many years. I'm very happy for him, in making this big step. Go Ian!
9. I really want to take a day and go sledding up in the mountains. However, I don't want to expose Kimble to the cold air all day, but I can't leave him home either. Looks like no sledding for me.
10. I feel disconnected with so many of my friends. Am I being too reclusive? Am I not being a good friend? Somedays I feel very alone.
11.I never eat cheese raw. If it is in something, like a casserole, or melted over something, like a pizza, I can usually eat it. But if it is uncooked, it will never touch these lips. Gross. I especially hate it when it is shredded and sprinkled throughout a salad. It just ruins it for me. Have you ever tried to de-cheese a salad? It doesn't work too well.
Ok, I'm done. Off to start one of my chores.