Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not A Fan of Urban Dictionary!

My friend made a status post on facebook telling us to type in our name in Urban Dictionary and see what it says about you. She had some great things after her name, like: cares more about others than herself; kind and loving; not a pushover; very good friend....

So I was excited to type in my name! However, as much as it made me chuckle with the answers, it didn't describe me at all. With the exception of the proper Yiddish translation of my name, which is beautiful, here is what it {incorrectly} said about "Shaina"

-a creature who dwells in the woods and awakens at night. (they got half of it correct!)
-A short new girl who usually comes from New Jersey.
-can get on your nerves very easily.
-doesn't have a lot of normal friends. (chuckle)
-someone drowning because of tears; typically fat (this answer is my favorite)

What a sad sad day to be a Shaina.

11 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

What?! This is hilarious! Some of the things people come up.

If Mom would of read that before she named you...maybe she would of had second thoughts! hehehe

Brittany Nicole said...

Haha. I got:
Brittany: A girl usually born in American in the 80's or 90's. Brittany's are very attractive, popular, and have good hearts. Everyone wishes to be as cool as the Brittany's and are jealous when they can't compare. Sometimes Brittany's are a little blonde, but it's simply because they love life and laughing, and enjoy seeing other people laugh as well. Brittanys are usually envied by less popular people. Brittanys can be insecure but they shouldn't be, people try to bring them down but Brittanys will always end up winning...they need to realize how wonderful they are. Guys are intimidated to ask them out just because Brittanys are so unique and awesome.
Brittany = Popular, outgoing, loved by all, sometimes teased out of jealousy, loved by adults, kids love them too, smart, & funny.

Jed and Kera said...

I saw it on Facebook too.... mine was very short.
Kera.... "A Hooker" wow, not even close. :O)

Adri said...

I think mine was worse than yours!
"person who is in a constant state of being high. when not high this person can often be found "drunkey", sleeping, or craving to do one of the latter. usually these people are quite tall."
hmmmmm. Who makes up this stuff anyway?

Shavonne said...

My name isn't in there yet. It said the closest pick is "phat, and Sh**house". Um... Ok

Heath said...

Mine was all about Heath Ledger.
"Yo man, Johnny ate too many xanaxs last night and he pulled a Heath"
And other nasties not to be mentioned. I'm not really liking that site.

Colleen said...

That is so funny! Mine were all about being sexy...um, yeah...I WISH! But wouldn't compassionate or "kills you with kindness" be nice to throw in there? :) I just might have to put this up on my blog just because it's so funny! And I agree. The "wakes in the night" part is the only part of "Shaina" they got right.

Megan said...

I'm not a fan either. I could n't believe what answer I got for Megan and it used the f bomb in the definition too which I did NOT appreciate. I won't be going to that website again.

courtney said...

Mine had the dirtiest things said, I feel bad that there aren't any good Courtney's out there to have nice things said about them. I need to become famous so that people can see what a good courtney is all about!

kdaygirl said...

One of my meanings.

Kimberly is an irish slang term meaning hot...

How appropriate since I married and Irsihman!

Ande said...

I have seen a ton worse!!!! :)