Saturday, February 27, 2010

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming...

To bring you a week of new recipes!  Starting tomorrow, I will post a new recipe a day.  Last week, we had fun trying out some new recipes, and we found some keepers.

On another note, have you ever had the crazy, insane, irrational desire to just be spontaneous, throw some clothes in a bag, jump in your vehicle, and just get out of town.  Anywhere.  Just go. No plans.  No preconceptions.  No ideas.  Just go.

I had that feeling yesterday.  It was overwhelming.  I tried to call the husband at work a few times, and see if he would be on board with my idea once he got home.  However, he was busy at work and not at his desk.  Once he got home, I tried convincing him to join in on my spontaneity, and as much as he was being supportive, it just wouldn't have worked out, namely because he has to teach a lesson in church on Sunday, and I didn't want to be limited in our trip, to be back by 9am Sunday morning.

The husband said just Kimble and I could get away, and while the idea was tempting, I didn't want to do that.  Then I tried to recruit a friend, another overworked mommy who I KNOW needs some time away from it all.  Once again, the timing just didn't work out.  So, I ate some ice cream and went to bed.

Maybe a spontaneous weekend getaway needs to be more planned out, to make it work.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

I really, really, really wish we were on the road somewhere right now....

purejoy said...

then it wouldn't be spontaneous, silly!!

i had that exact sentiment earlier this week, but my fantasy involved clearing our our bank account and running far, far away.

sigh.

sorry, not to rain on your parade… i'm just being honest.

but yeah, a road trip sounds super fun.

girls only.

well, kimble can come. but that's it.

xxoo

Jen Sue Wild said...

I wish I was there I would have ran off in a heartbeat..

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I can't wait to see the recipes! Fun idea and I always love,love, love good tried and true recipes.

Sorry your getaway didn't pan out. If I lived within a few hours, I'd take a quick trip with you. :)

Colleen said...

I'm excited for the recipes! When all this stuff started when Adam was out of town I had a HUGE urge to just pack up and run away...but maybe that's a little different from a fun weekend escape. I wish I could go on one of those right now. I think planning is good, but don't give up on those spontaneous thoughts! One day you will just do it, and it will be the best vacay ever!

Maynards said...

I was totally bummed that we couldn't do the movie thing. It sounded so wonderful and refreshing. It meant a lot that you thought to call me. Thank you.

I am VERY excited for the recipe a day thing. Yippee!