Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Roller Rink

I was trying to remember the last time I went rollerskating. My family use to go all the time when I was younger, but I think that the last time I was on skates, I was in college. I guess you can't call them skates, though. There was a new trend going around at that time. It was called Rollerblading. Some of you may be familiar with that term. At that time (and quite frankly, at this current time as well) I didn't know how to Rollerblade.

At college, I had a date (quite a rare occurrence, I must say), and he suggested we go rollerblading. I was very very wobbly, and not very successful at rollerblading. Once, I grabbed his hand for balance. I guess I wasn't as quick to let go (I was super shaky on the Rollerblades) and he said "Can you let go of my hand now?". We didn't go on another date.
So anyway, the Husband had this Monday off of work, and with the kids on spring break, we decided to make use of the coupons the school gave us, and go rollerskating. Kamy has gone a time or two, but for everyone else, it was a new experience.
The kids were really wobbly at first, and quite frankly, so was I. However, we soon got use to the feel of the skates under our feet. I took turns taking everyone around.

I know it won't be long before Keaton will refuse to hold hands with his mother, so I cherished the time we had.

Daddy and Mr. Kimble waited on the sidelines while we skated, and Kolby was very independent and didn't want help at all. In the hour and a half that we were there, he made remarkable progress!



During one moment, while I was preoccupied by taking off my skates, Georgie snuck away from us and started skating around the rink. She was hugging the wall, all the way around, but she didn't fall! We sent Kamy to go get her and bring her back. They didn't want to stop skating!


It was a fun day for the kids. We'll have to do it again.

2 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

So fun! Baby Kimble looks so healthy. I know I tell you often, but your family is so adorable!

Maynards said...

Looks like so much fun!
Sorry we didn't got, but I can't skate with a prego belly, Sam can't skate, Mary has never tried it, and Ben was at work. Not a good combo.
Lets do something soon though. We are climbing the walls!!!!