Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stupid Cough

I've been coughing most of the night.  I felt something coming on a few days ago, and was really hoping I wouldn't get sick.  Stupid cough.  It's not just a little cough either.  I get the whole super-forceful-wanna-gag-shakes-your-whole-body-hurts-so-bad kinda cough.

But I'm no stranger to this cough.  I get it all the time.  The problem is, it turns into bronchitis.  If I'm lucky, I'll keep my voice, but it usually disappears within a few days.  This is the same thing I got a week before I had Kimble.  Luckily, I had enough prayers and antibiotics to make a recovery before it got bad.

I probably need to make an appt with the doctor, but I really hate our PCP.  I've been needing to change doctors, with the insurance company, and haven't done it yet.  Now, I HAVE to go to him, and I don't want to.

It's impossible to keep my coughing germs away from Kimble.  He's constantly in my arms, right next to me, or nursing when I'm coughing.  I'm praying that he doesn't get sick.  Poor baby doesn't need this right now.

I'm going back to bed.  Stupid cough.

5 comments:

runningfan said...

Sorry!!!

Colleen said...

Boo! Hopefully the fight your body is putting up against this cold will transfer to Kimble as you nurse him so that even if he gets it it is much more mild. There really is no way to keep the germs from our babes in arms!

Adri said...

Get well soon!

Maynards said...

Wow, there is a lot of crud going around. I sure hope you start feeling better soon. That sounds awful.
I would invite you on over to join us in the sick ward at our house, but we are leaving today. We will have to hang out another time.

Elise said...

If there is a Whole Foods close, there is an awesome cough syrup that works wonders. I had a cough (that cough that never stops and gets worse when you start to cough or you get hot) when Kate was in the hospital a couple weeks ago and was stressed that I wouldn't be able to stay with her. I got this syrup (it tastes nasty) and my cough was completely gone with 24 hours. It is Planetary Herbals Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup. Works wonders.