Friday, March 26, 2010

{Yes!}terday

Yesterday I heard lots of "Yes!" cries going around.  The kiddos were sent outside, with explicit instructions to play in the snow for a LONG time.  They were happy to oblige. Kolbers found lots of snow drifts to play in... 

Keaton enjoyed warm hands, thanks to his Daddy's gloves.

Kamy got in tune with snow angels.

Georgie was so cute in her snow pants and mismatched gloves.


When they were done playing outside, they came back in and made "ants on a log" with quite an excessive amount of ants...


And Mr. Kimble was nice and cuddly in a little dalmation sleeper.

Just one last day of Spring Break around here.  Although it's been fun to enjoy the days with the kids, I think on Monday, when the kids go back to school, I might just let out a little "yes!" of my own.  I have four books I've had for a month that I haven't even been able to open.  Monday just might be the perfect day for that.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Yes! I too am excited for the last TWO months of school to ensue. After that I don't know how I am going to get any grocery shopping done. Georgie's mismatched gloves...love them!

Maynards said...

Dang, you have cute kids. They look like they had a great time.
I don't have any kids in school, but I will be saying a big YES when the week is over. I have had better weeks.
I am sorry again that I haven't been able to get together with you for sledding or for skating.
The timing just didn't work out. The big belly prevents me from doing a lot of things.
I do enjoy hanging out with you though. You are a very fun friend! We will have to get together soon. I need some girl time!

purejoy said...

spring break in the snow. i'm glad they enjoyed their time outside. i would have been snuggled up beside kimble. i'm not much of a snow bunny!

runningfan said...

I'm impressed with your kids' longevity. Mine don't last very long out there...