Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Creepy Chair

This chair is in the "Mother's Room" at church.  If you aren't one of the first two mommies in that room, you don't get to sit on one of the two blue rocker chairs.  Instead, you are unfortunate enough to have to sit on the creepy chair.
This chair just creeps me out.  I don't like being alone in the room with this chair.  It stares at me.  It seems like it should be the lonely old chair sitting alone in a dusty room filled with cobwebs and broken shutters in a house deep in the woods. 

You hear creeks and groans.  Lights flash on and off.  There is a shriek somewhere deep in the back recesses of the mansion.  You turn your back on the chair to investigate a scurrying sound you hear in the corner, and when you turn back around, the chair is 10 feet closer to you.  All is silent except for the ticking of the grandfather clock.  You stare at the chair.  Then, you see it move.  First one side, then the other.  It's moving  towards you.  It seems to waddle back and forth on it's wooden legs, shuffling closer and closer with each shift of weight.

The deep indentation of the stained cushion suggests someone is currently sitting in it.  Someone you can't see.  Run for your life!!

Anyway, that's what I imagine, every Sunday, when I see this creepy chair in the Mother's Room.  It freaks me out.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

hahahaha!! that chair is super creepy, i love kimble sitting in it, even more weird

amy said...

Well, with your great ingenuity I bet there is something in store for this chair. . . a new slip cover or something. . .what do you think?

Jen Sue Wild said...

And you let your baby sit in the creepy chair by him self? LOL

Megan said...

I was thinking the same thing - Do you have plans now to remodel this creepy chair? Your description of it cracks me up!

shaina said...

I have no plans for the creepy chair other than keeping my distance from it.

I've never done furniture re-dos. I'm afraid if I went near this chair with scissors, it would attack back.

runningfan said...

I like this chair the best! It's so close to the ground that my feet can rest comfortably!

Colleen said...

I'm giving you the creepy chair for your birthday. Get excited.

kdaygirl said...

Kimble looks a little possessed......get him off the chair!!!

Maynards said...

I am going to go look at this chair, just because of this post. You crack me up! I probably won't see this chair, because I can't nurse, but I will take a peek anyway. You are brave to stay in the same room with it. Good job.

Bobbi said...

that seriously made me laugh out loud! he's getting sooo big! what a doll!

Paula said...

too funny. When I am done with our gliding rocker maybe I'll donate it to replace the creepy chair.

Dan and Katie said...

I am going back trying to find that post on the nursing cami and saw this and started laughing! I'm pretty sure if I don't get one of the blue rockers I would drive home before sitting in that chair!! I should make it disapear :)