Friday, April 23, 2010

It's A Snow Day Today!

Last night I drifted off to sleep listening to the thunderstorm. This morning, I woke up to 3 inches of snow and school cancellation. It's big fat snowflakes too. And lest you think I'm a terrible momma, Georgie just wanted to see the snow, and was only outside for about 20 seconds.

Edited to Add:  It's been a few hours and the snow has only come down harder and thicker!!  I can't believe the weather man didn't even hint at snow for today!  I was watching the forecast all last night, and they were going on and on about the thunderstorm...nada about snow.  Oh well.  It will melt off fast.  That's the best thing about living in Colorado!!

Happy Snow Day!

7 comments:

rad6 said...

I would pay good money for a snow day! That just sounds so fun. We take our random snow days on our own, although the schools dont like that so much!
Have fun, drink some hot chocolate for me!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I cant belive how often they cancel scool there just sprinklings of snow.

We got that much snow last night too. It's allready melting..

Adri said...

I think the weatherman is STILL confused. As I was driving around in the blizzard to run some errands, a 'news update' came on the radio announcing 'rain and a chance of snow.' Chance. Yeah. Where is downtown, anyway? On another planet???

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

You have snow? Oh my! I have on flip flops and a sleeveless top today and just rode around in my car during lunch with my windows down enjoying the sun! It's hard to believe you have snow!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts and I hope you have a great weekend!

Heath said...

Oh don't worry "Hello... It's Me Again..." we did that yesterday afternoon, and are forcasted to do that next week. We will see it changes so quick. March and April are our biggest snow months because although we have temps up to the mid 70s our house sits at 6900 feet and because of that the temp can turn to freezing and with the spring rain it becomes snow. And it goes back and forth like that all spring until it becomes too warm for snow summer finally arives. I love it here. It is so beautiful.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

purejoy said...

ohmyword. snow in april?? i would die… i don't even like snow in january!!
which is why i don't live in colorado.

but i was there for the first time last may/june and LOVED it.
want to go back to the broadmoor(sp). most beautiful place (actually, this time i would like to STAY there!!)