Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keaton's Prayer

It's Keaton's day to say prayers at our house. The following is an excerpt of his dinner-time prayer. (No photography occurred during the prayer. Picture is a recreation of the event in question.)

"...and please bless this food, that we will like it and it will taste good.

Please bless momma, that she won't be sick anymore, and that Kamy will feel better.

Please bless Kimble, that he won't get sick, and that he won't die during his heart surgery.

Please bless dad, as he is running, that he won't fall and get scrapes, and that his bum and back won't hurt when he's running.

Please help me at school, that I won't listen to the bad words that the other boys say, and that I won't play pretend guns, and that I'll find a new friend to play with, instead of the boys that are making bad choices..."

I really like prayer time at our house.

12 comments:

Julz said...

That's awesome.

Queen of Chaos said...

Ohhh, that's so sweet! I love sincere, heart-felt prayers like these from my little ones.

I laughed out loud about helping dad when he's running!

runningfan said...

I love how sincere and thoughtful he is!

And...sorry about the boys making bad choices. That's a huge part of why Zach left Frontier. May Keaton's prayers be answered!

Colleen said...

Awwww! Sweet boy!

Jed and Kera said...

that was so sweet. I even made my husband come read the post. We will pray that Keaton's prayers be answered. :O)

Heath said...

Just how does your Bum hurt when you run?

The Crockett's said...

Cute! It's fun to get these little glimpses into their thoughts.

My husband is a tax accountant and has been VERY busy at work. My older boys have prayed to help Dad with tax season. My five-year-old recently prayed to help Dad with his 'taxi's'. It made me smile!

Burns Family said...

I would like to hear some prayers like that. So Sweet!!

Megan said...

I wish my kids were more creative in their prayers! But maybe not. I'd have a hard time not laughing if they were that entertaining. Seems like he's telling you everything he's thinking about.

dippyrooroo said...

What a great kid!

Jeff and Lori said...

Amen.

rad6 said...

ok, wow.... he has a lot on his mind. They say that prayer is an insight to our childrens lives... this is a good supporting example of that. very sweet boy, concerned about all the right things. You are doing something right!