Monday, April 19, 2010

Matchy Matchy

You know the movie "Return To Me"? I absolutely love it. There is one scene where David Duchovny's character is on an impromptu blind date. As he is uncomfortably sitting next to his loud-mouth date, and extremely embarrassed that she is fussing over French water ("preferably bubble-free, with a straw...better not be Swiss...I got sick from Swiss water once...blah blah blah"), she notices that they are wearing the same color. "Oh my gosh! Look at us. Matchy Green. Matchy Matchy Green Squared. I'll fix that!" Then she promptly takes off her green jacket to reveal her ample bosom tightly squished inside her low-cut shirt, which ironically, is also green.

Today, Mr. Kimble and I were also Matchy Matchy. We weren't wearing green, and there wasn't a bottle of French water in sight, nor were we on a blind date, but you see the correlation to the movie? Matching shirts!!



His shirt was a onsie. Mine was not. However, if this picture had been taken in the early 90's, my shirt very definitely could have been a onsie. Do you remember that fashion trend? Adult onsie shirts. I'm so glad that didn't last long. Just the thought of it makes me want to cringe...and do some adjusting.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

one of my favorite movies too!! and i love that part of the movie... That sounds so fattening. Is every dish here cooked in oil?
No... some we boil in Swiss water. but my all time fave is "Hairy legs are your only link to reality" Kimble is getting so big! and his hair is coming in!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Ahh, fashion of hte 90's. Its as if the entire population suddenly decided to skip any common sense and just GO FOR IT. The bouffant poof right on the top of the head, but nowhere else. Rolling the jeans. STIRRUP PANTS!!! What on earth were we thinking?!?!? A trend at my middle school in the early 90's was to wear jeans and/or a skirt, then put on leggings without feet in them, but they had a patch of lace on the bottom. So you would roll those jeans, then the lace would stick out of the bottom. Oh yeah. We were soooo cool. :)

purejoy said...

matchy matchy is so cute. and i'm pretty sure they should OUTLAW onesies for adults!! how awkward is that??

Colleen said...

Very cute matchy matchy! I DO remember the adult onsie, yucky. I had one, wore it once, and I think that was it! Too much wedgie! That's why onsies are only for those in diapers still.

9patchnurse said...

You two look so cute! Love it. 'Return to Me' is in my top 5 favorite movies! Funny and sad and happy. I would love to see those two together again.

kendra said...

cute matchy matchy! love it. And I love Keaton's prayer.

Ande said...

I love that movie!!!! I am also glad that those "shirts" are no longer in fashion. I remember the days in middle school and high school when they weren't too comfortable. you guys look so cute!

Maynards said...

I have never heard of an adult onesie, and for whatever reason, it has me in a crazy bout of the giggles. I can't stop laughing. I have all of these hilarious pictures in my mind of people I know in a giant onesie. It is one of those things I will think about during the sacrament and then burst out laughing. oh my.
Cute matchy matchy by the way.

David and Jackie said...

Love the photo! I hope you put it in a frame! I have never seen the movie you are talking about but it sounds good. Yes! I remember those shirts! Glad they are gone! :)

Sheri said...

LOL Love that scene too,I had forgotten it!

As for the adult onesies, although I think my body would not thank me for them I DO wish the low rise jeans generation would discover them. LOL