Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Soup!

If you can't already tell by my Chicken Enchiladas and my Chicken Enchilada Dip, well, we really like pretty much anything that begins with Chicken Enchilada.  So, now I bring you a soup.  It's a little thicker than a soup, but not thick enough to be called a chowder.  However, I'm not picky on the name.  It's delicious.  Plus, it cooks in your crock pot.  Even better, right?

I got the recipe HERE.  Ready to make it??  Let's get started.

Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups corn (I toasted mine beforehand, in the oven...yummy!)
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
2 cups enchilada sauce (I used my homemade version!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk
3 cups of chicken breasts-cooked, seasoned, and diced (I grilled the chicken!  It made the soup so super good.)
1 envelope of Taco Seasoning
*
1 cup shredded Pepperjack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*
Sour cream and avocados for topping!

Combine your soup, milk, and enchilada sauce in your crock pot. Add in your beans, tomatoes, onion, corn, red pepper, and chicken.  Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.

Stir in your cheeses before serving.  (Yum...Pepperjack!)  Top with sour cream and sliced avocados.  Serve with tortilla chips!

You'll love it!  We do.

Oh, and if you want to make this into a freezer meal, simply add everything (except the cheeses) into a double lined ziploc bag and freeze.  In a separate small baggie, freeze the cheese as well, alongside it.  Then, 24 hours before you want to make it, remove from freezer and place in fridge.  Simply dump it in your crock pot when you want to start cooking it!  Add cheeses after it has cooked, then top with sour cream and avocado.

4 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

This looks delicious! No, you don't know me. I am officially a blog stalker. I found your blog on my dear friend Heidi's blog months ago, have read it ever since and have just loved getting to "know" you and your dear little family. Your little Kimble, especially, is such a sweetheart. I also have five kids roughly the same ages as yours and I am amazed at all that you do. You are an amazing mother. Thank you for your inspiration. My neighbor also has five kids and her youngest is a heart baby who has struggled for his life since day one. You might find it interesting to check out her blog at miraclemason.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Looks yummy and I do love your enchiladas. I will have to try this. great after baby meal crock pots rock!

runningfan said...

I came to tell all your readers how yummy this soup is and found the comment from Reynolds family...that's my great friend, Jenny (whose birthday is today). I'm glad to know I brought you a reader...and a yummy soup. :)

purejoy said...

ohhhh, looks so yummy and i basically heart anything crock pot. i'm all over this (and pretty much any recipe of yours)
mmmmm. can't wait!