Saturday, May 8, 2010

Doing The Happy Dance!!

Guess What??  Mr. Kimble is breastfeeding again!!!  All is right with the world.

Last night, I was playing the piano (very limited, mind you) with Kimble sitting on my lap.  I was playing the kids' singing parts for the song that we will be performing in church in a few weeks, and not paying attention to where Kimble's hands were.  Georgie gasped and said "Look Momma!!" and I looked at Kimble and he was content and happy, sucking on his two fingers.

Even though he's not supposed to be sucking on those fingers, it made me think that his mouth wasn't bothering him at all.  If that was the case, then why not try breastfeeding again??

So, I felt his stitches...they weren't sharp and prickly anymore.  They were softer and all jumbled up instead of sticking straight out.  I got him in the position...let him take the lead...and he started nursing again!  Whahhooooo!

He did great.  I'm happy. Hopefully our nights can be easier now; syringes can be thrown away; pumps can be put away; we can get somewhat back to normal life.

When I was drying him off after a bath, I caught him sucking on his thumb, happy as can be.  I'm gonna have to watch him closely!  Although he is allowed to breastfeed, he is not supposed to do any other "sucking" for three weeks.

Ahhh...but he's nursing again!  I'm all smiles.

9 comments:

J.C. said...

Wow, that's wonderful! I am so happy Kimble is feeling better and is breastfeeding again! I remember I had to pump and bottle feed my little guy for two days while he was in the hospital at 6 weeks old. I couldn't wait for him to be back to nursing.
Take care and I hope you guys have a great weekend!
Jo

Adri said...

Yea! I've been thinking about you all week. I hope the improvements continue to come your way!

runningfan said...

I'm so glad you've reached this milestone. Congratulations!

The Mitchells said...

That is so awesome Shaina! I am so glad he is doing well and nursing again. Congrats to both of you!

purejoy said...

i've been a little MIA from the blog world over the past few weeks… between work and the kids coming home and oral surgery for my boy, it's been a busy few weeks.
sounds like kimble is adjusting to his new life (and lip) and making the best of his situation! it's funny how resiliant babies and kids are.
but i know what you mean about mommies having a harder time than their kids… it's never easy to see your kids struggle.
for me, my son was introduced to a brick wall by a bully and lost his front 4 teeth, which resulted in the permanent loss of three of those teeth. he's had so many surgeries/root canals that we seriously have lost count… eleven years later, he FINALLY got the implants. and in six months should have the teeth he's longed for.
he's a trooper, and so is kimble!

Colleen said...

Yes!!!! So happy for you and the little man too.

Maynards said...

I just let out a huge sigh of relief for you. I hope all continues to go well. Hooray!

homefront said...

I am so happy!

Julie said...

I'm glad he's doing better! This may be a little late, but do you need me to watch Georgie during his follow-up appointment?