Friday, May 28, 2010

Enjoying SUN...Finally!


Finally...and I really do mean FINALLY!...we have some sun shining through.  We had three months of spring weather that was confused.  It was rainy and windy and full of hail and snowstorms and thunderstorms and tornado watches and more snowstorms.  Crazy.  Of course, April is when this area normally gets quite a few snowstorms, but it just really lasted longer this year.  I know in other areas, it was the same thing.  Where was spring weather?  Well, it finally came. 

I took Georgie and Kimble to the park two days in a row.  The first day, shown above, we didn't last long.  Soon after those pictures were taken, it turned windy and cold and we had a hail storm (Denver got DUMPED on, but luckily we only had the smallest fraction of the storm pass through here).

Oh, but the next day was in the 80's and the wind was moderate.  It was a gorgeous day.


Georgie loves loves loves to swing.  That's all she wants to do, but she humors me by playing on the slide and other equipment, in between swinging.  She likes to be pushed constantly.  Mr. Kimble was sporting his cute floppy hat in the sun.  I kept him in the shadows almost the entire time.  At this altitude, the sun is killer!

Then we went to Target, where I got a few things for dinner, and we filled up a little baggie of Jelly Bellies for the kids, in the bulk candy aisle.

3 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

LOVE Georgie and Kimble in hats! So cute!

runningfan said...

I'm sad we missed both park outings...I'm really missing playgroup, but Lexi's nap is pretty compelling, too! Now that the sun seems to like this city, we might have to sacrifice sleep on thursdays.

The Mitchells said...

I've been LOVING the weather lately!