Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Familiar Smells

There are a few smells that are ingrained in me.  Smells that are usually found lingering on my baby after he has been hospitalized.  When Kimble came back from the CathLab, he smelled of iodine and antiseptic; alcohol and latex.  He also smelled like oxygen.


I guess we all are a bit partial to the smell of oxygen.

Then there is the smell of a sleeping baby.  Although Mr. Kimble still had those surgical scents lingering on him...he is still my sweet baby Kimble.
(wow...do I look like I'm 19 yrs old to anyone else? lol)
In just a few hours, he'll be taken from my arms again, this time, to undergo a surgery that is foreign to him, and to us.  Cleft Lip Repair!

5 comments:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Prayers for you and baby Kimble. I'm sure he'll do really well in the cleft lip surgery, and you'll fall ever so more in love with the new look of his lip. :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

I know this sounds silly but I will miss MR. K's smile. I fell in love with it the minute he was born and I am kinda sad to see it go..

Love you..

purejoy said...

praying for you and daddy as you wait for kimble to come back to your arms. he is such an adorable hunk-a-hunk-a chunky babiness. how fun to nuzzle and love on him. such a happy baby. hugs from tennessee.

Kati said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the smells, it's funny how you never forget that. I still get a knot in my belly with them.
Good Luck on the lip repair. Isn't it sad what we have to put our babies through just to have them look "normal". I still cry when I look at my little boy's baby pics, I miss his wide smile. I'm sure you feel the same way.

runningfan said...

You look terrific, and so does Kimble! Good luck today. Sorry I can't be more helpful.